• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 color printing off

Will308decals

I have a problem with printing 2 colors, mostly using the color white but as seen in the photo there are the black overlaps the white and it gives off little white lines throughout the print. If you look closely you can see the clear vinyl in the cracks of the letters so it looks like the print is not lining up correctly when I run it back through my gerber edge 2 to print the second color. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I am printing on convex with gerber foils. Thank you

Attachments

• 3A28FFDE-01BB-47DF-8DD7-8F042638CF80.jpeg
    3A28FFDE-01BB-47DF-8DD7-8F042638CF80.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 349

RG

Hey, Will. This is a very common problem with the Edge. It happens because the 2 different foils are at different stages of use. If both foils were new and the same length, then you shouldn't see that unwanted line. The fix for this in Flexi is called choke and spread. You will find this function under the Effects tab. Then click on Color Trapping. I don't use this very much. There are some good instructions here on the forum somewhere. Fred helped me with this a few years ago. Play around with it and you'll figure it out.