• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 2 inch acrylic print

pepford

Hello everyone. Trying to print a 2 inch thick acrylic on our Mimaki JFX200 2513. We lowered the head gap to 1.5 but printer still wont accept it. pressing enter after it reads the media height wont work. Im afraid to go any lower and risk a head crash.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Specs of the JFX100 say 50mm / 1.97" maximum thickness.... I don't own one however, but are you absolutely sure the printer can do this?

rjssigns

You're at the height limit. Maybe the acrylic is just a shade over 50mm/2". It would be worth checking with a mic or calipers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is the limit restriction of substrates for your setup ?? Ours is metric, but it's just a hair under 2 inches. So, something 2" will never work for us.

TA04

You can check the media jam if everything lock good, you can do it. The media jam it's 1 mm over the table if the media thickness is 0 mm. When media jam touch, you have 0,5 mm to the heads.

SignEST

Depends if it's the Chinese 2" or real 2". Chinese would probably be 48mm. Try a piece of painters tape on the side of it if it has auto-height detection to avoid the beam going through the acrylic.