• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 ml cast going over seams in aluminum panels

gabagoo

I have only been applying vinyl for over 20 years and now decide to ask the question.

I have a truck in the service bay and it has no rivets!! ( hallaluyah) It has huge aluminum panels about 4 feet wide and the somehow butt together with a slight overlap.

I used 3m cast vinyl and now wonder what others do where the vinyl goes over the seams?
I can push it in with the squeegee, but it always pops back up. I can cut them but then we get a white line through the letters.

I sometimes hit it with heat, but wonder if they pop back out after the vehicle has left.

Is there an actual way to deal with it.

ova

Don't know if it's correct, but I cut the seam. I feel the panel will move when the truck is driven, cold/ hot days and just getting banged from the everyday use. Even if you can get the vinyl to seal during install, all the other factors will cause it to lift.

You will only be able to see the white line facing one direction.

Dave

gabagoo

Don't know if it's correct, but I cut the seam. I feel the panel will move when the truck is driven, cold/ hot days and just getting banged from the everyday use. Even if you can get the vinyl to seal during install, all the other factors will cause it to lift.

You will only be able to see the white line facing one direction.

Dave

I have done that over the years, but wonder what the proper proceedure actually is..