• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Sided Round internally lit sign

ExecuPrintGS

Have a client looking for a roughly 2' or 3' circle internally lit sign, but he wants to hang it from the corner of his building to have graphics on both sides.
I'm not having an issue finding a 1 sided sign cabinet in a circle, but finding something that can be suspended or hang off the side of his building that is 2 sided i haven't been able to find.

Does anyone have a suggestion or supplier who may do this kind of work?
Appreciate the direction/ guidance :thumb:

Kottwitz-Graphics

I had a customer that wanted the same thing several months ago, and I found a couple of suppliers, but my cost was over 2 grand.

I ended up figuring materials, and paying a local tig welder, and doing the lighting in house. But I'm my case, it was a huge waste of time, as she wanted cheap...

ExecuPrintGS

maybe make it like a channel letter with a can and two faces.
That was a thought if it came down to it. I was just hoping to find something quick and easy, hopefully not custom (cheap customer, arent they all)

I had a customer that wanted the same thing several months ago, and I found a couple of suppliers, but my cost was over 2 grand.

I ended up figuring materials, and paying a local tig welder, and doing the lighting in house. But I'm my case, it was a huge waste of time, as she wanted cheap...
That is what i figured it may cost, and he is cheap. I may just direct him to my previous suggestion.
He already has lights on the building, we can do a non backlit sign and just have building lights shine on a new hanging sign and that would fit his budget better.

Marlene

why is it that all the cheap customers always want expensive custom signs? you could suggest using a square box with a round image. the channel letter type would have to have some inner structure added to it as it isn't a wall mount but besides that, it should be too bad for a cost as making shapes is no big deal

ExecuPrintGS

why is it that all the cheap customers always want expensive custom signs? you could suggest using a square box with a round image. the channel letter type would have to have some inner structure added to it as it isn't a wall mount but besides that, it should be too bad for a cost as making shapes is no big deal

Probably the same reason id rather have a Ferrari but drive a ford... whats the saying "Champagne taste, beer budget"

I will end up giving him options for a square box, or an externally lit sign.

Thanks everyone :thumb:

MikePro

double-sided illuminated sign? that's easy.
how about adding two levels of push-thru AND stand-off face-lit/halo-lit channel letters?

gonna go big, may as well go BIG!

attachment.php

attachment.php

edited: idk why I don't have an illuminated picture of this, but it was pretty awesome. Food court at UW Madison, all signage courtesy of michaelsigns.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 10.45.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 10.45.37 AM.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 10.45.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 10.45.24 AM.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 392

ExecuPrintGS

double-sided illuminated sign? that's easy.
how about adding two levels of push-thru AND stand-off face-lit/halo-lit channel letters?

gonna go big, may as well go BIG!

edited: idk why I don't have an illuminated picture of this, but it was pretty awesome. Food court at UW Madison, all signage courtesy of michaelsigns.com

You guys are close enough, do you want to quote it out wholesale for me making the base of the sign? We can do the graphic, it is just simple print graphics, just don't have the capability of building a custom cabinet in house. What you posted is exactly what they are looking for, just not push through.