• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 sided sandblasted sign ?

cinnamongirl56

I am wondering if it is possible to use the same stencil over for the other side or do you makes 2 stencils for the same sign ? thanks

coyote

Don't laugh...I worked for a shop forman who made us save the letters we pulled up from signblast stencils to save for use at a future time....That lasted about a day until we had a major shop uprising.
unbelievable.
C

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I am wondering if it is possible to use the same stencil over for the other side or do you makes 2 stencils for the same sign ? thanks

yes, but that's if you come from the same line of thinking that it would be ok to re-use toilet paper......

tanneji

I'm gonna reuse last years tax returns cause I actually got a refund last year instead of owing the government grrr

cinnamongirl56

Ok I get the message..............LOL thanks for taking time to answer what I would guess was a dumb question but I did read it in an article on the internet and was curious to see if anyone did it...........

Checkers

Don't forget that you should use a thicker substrate for a 2 sided sign versus a one sided sign.
I would normally use 1.5" for single sided and 2"+ for double sided, but it depends on the material, budget and design.

Checkers

Fuzzbuster

yes, but that's if you come from the same line of thinking that it would be ok to re-use toilet paper......

:ROFLMAO:

Ahhhhh man!!!!

you "crack" me up!

Wait a sec...

Good to hve you back dude:cool:

AND NOOOOOOOOOO! on the re-use the same mask twice

Larry L

Use 18 lb foam 2" thick if the sign is about 12 sq ft and up.
The denser foam holds the screw a little better. I grind out the lag threads extra deep with an angle grinder also. (Some of these china screws have very shallow threads.)