• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help 2" x 2" Metal "U" Bracket

Barry Jenicek

Gang,

I have a sign that is going to be mounted on a bracket that was designed by a Structural Engineer. The attached image gives you an idea of what it looks like. The Support Bkt is made out of 2" x 2" square steel.

Without going into great detail and reading into this, what I need to find is a 2" x 2" "U" bracket.

I have found plenty of STAKE POCKET brackets but everything I see is NOT 2 x 2. If you know of a supplier, please let me know.

Thanks
Barry

Attachments

• 2x2 Bracket.jpg
    2x2 Bracket.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 321

ams

Is this what you want? They are $1.55 at Harbor Sales. The 2" might be the flange on it. Engineers are weird people and do things more complex.

UBracket.gif

henryz

Are you trying to stick the hat or u channel inside the sq. tube to have some wiggle room to attach inside columns? I don't get it, or is it wall mount and the bracket claps the frame? just weld the plate to the frame. The engineers are not sign makers they don't know what's right from wrong.