• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2013 Shelby GT500 Stripes template or Kit?

SignPros

I've got a customer looking for gold stripes for the Mustang he's got coming. They're not available in gold from the factory. Nor from Rousch. The only gold stripes I've been able to find are for the '06 Hertz edition, which won't fit this car. I've had enough experience with these stripes on Mustangs to know I'm not gonna let him order a generic kit. Anybody have a template for this car, or have a reputable source for the stripes?

SignPros

Gold isn't available from the factory. The customer tried to order it that way. He had to order it with no stripes at all, and then the dealer (who I do a lot of work for, including installing Rousch stripes) sent him to me.

mudmedia

Unfortunately probably going to have to spend COUNTLESS hours making CORRECT templates.

Hopefully they are not like 95% of the stripes I have seen lately. Even from the factory they are bad.

idsignsil

Use Wrap Cut Tape. Lay your stripes out with tape, install vinyl over the top, trim it with the cut tape.

Browner

He had to order it with no stripes at all, and then the dealer (who I do a lot of work for, including installing Rousch stripes) sent him to me.

Order a set of stripes from this dealer. Put them through a scanner. Trace. Cut. Apply.

IGD

Use Wrap Cut Tape. Lay your stripes out with tape, install vinyl over the top, trim it with the cut tape.

thats a good idea ive never even thought about that...im a newbie but to me that sounds like a great idea, although it seems like you would waist more material that way