Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Shelby GT500 Stripes template or Kit?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by SignPros, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SignPros

SignPros Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Owensboro, KY
    I've got a customer looking for gold stripes for the Mustang he's got coming. They're not available in gold from the factory. Nor from Rousch. The only gold stripes I've been able to find are for the '06 Hertz edition, which won't fit this car. I've had enough experience with these stripes on Mustangs to know I'm not gonna let him order a generic kit. Anybody have a template for this car, or have a reputable source for the stripes?

Tags:
  2. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    Try Shelby American, I think they put on the striped in their Vegas facility.

3. SignPros

SignPros Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Owensboro, KY
    Gold isn't available from the factory. The customer tried to order it that way. He had to order it with no stripes at all, and then the dealer (who I do a lot of work for, including installing Rousch stripes) sent him to me.

4. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Unfortunately probably going to have to spend COUNTLESS hours making CORRECT templates.

Hopefully they are not like 95% of the stripes I have seen lately. Even from the factory they are bad.

5. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    Use Wrap Cut Tape. Lay your stripes out with tape, install vinyl over the top, trim it with the cut tape.

6. Browner

Browner Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Winnipeg
    Order a set of stripes from this dealer. Put them through a scanner. Trace. Cut. Apply.

7. IGD

IGD Verboten

Nov 19, 2012
    thats a good idea ive never even thought about that...im a newbie but to me that sounds like a great idea, although it seems like you would waist more material that way