• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2018 Walldog Meet Design.

Joe Diaz

I recently finished this design for the 2018 Walldog meet. It's called Murals and Milestones because this will be the Walldogs' 25 year, Streator will be celebrating it's 150th birthday, and Illinois will be turning 200. The full color design will be used for most marketing promotions, but we do have simplified one and two color versions for things like t-shirts. I will most likely create a real simple version for outdoor stuff at a later date.

murals_and_milestones_final_for_s101.jpg

murals_and_milestones_final_for_s101_1c.jpg

SignStudent

I have a decent computer with 16 gigs of ram but whenever I come across files with a lot of layers like that they take forever to open and make changes to. Is that an issue for you or do you just have a really expensive setup?

mfatty500

My Dad & Uncle were born & raised in Streator, my uncle was a sign artist in the Valley for 50 + years, maybe there are some ghost signs left from his work...

Joe Diaz

I have a decent computer with 16 gigs of ram but whenever I come across files with a lot of layers like that they take forever to open and make changes to. Is that an issue for you or do you just have a really expensive setup?
My Dell XPS is a few years old now. It has a Core i7 quad core 3.4GHz, 16 GB of RAM. Nothing that special. But no, I don't have any issues with opening or working on a file like this. I'm using Windows 10 and I usually have several other programs open too. Thunderbird's always open. Skype is running. Various office documents... And typically I have 20+ tabs open on Chrome at any given time and multiple tabs/projects open in CorelDRAW too, all while jamming out to Spotify. So I'm not sure why you are experiencing performance issues on files like this. Are you saving and opening files from a server? Maybe your router is slow? My stuff is all saved to our NAS and we have a pretty nice router. We upgraded the router recently and it made a noticeable difference, but even with our old router it still didn't take too long to open a file like this.