• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25' x 40' Brick Wall

Brands Imaging

I posted this in vehicle wraps because I know most of you folks have experience with textured surfaces on SOME level. We have done plenty of brick walls but never anything this big. Here are some of the details.

• outdoor application
  • only needs to last 1 year
  • we are doing the removal (so it needs to come off clean)
  • 25 feet x 40 feet mural
  • brick has been powerwashed and painted
So I'm trying to figure out the best application method. I just cam't dream of rolling this entire thing with a TSA-4. It'll take soooo long, especially since it only needs to last a year. If we do a solid job sealing all the edges we should be okay.

Also material... I know that we should be using 8624 but that will melt into the brick proper and be a nightmare to remove. 480 would be next in line but weve never worked with it before. It this a pain to remove? Will it also melt into the brick?

What's the best material to use given the above bullet points?

CanuckSigns

have you considered alumigraphics? I've never used it on a job, but I got a sample roll in and it comforms very well to the cinder block in my shop, including the mortar lines. it's basically alminum foil and it removes in 1 piece very easily. it's expensive though, but might make up for it in labour savings

Brands Imaging

have you considered alumigraphics? I've never used it on a job, but I got a sample roll in and it comforms very well to the cinder block in my shop, including the mortar lines. it's basically alminum foil and it removes in 1 piece very easily. it's expensive though, but might make up for it in labour savings

We have used it before. It come very messy on the roll and is a bit of a PIA to print on. We've actually done 600 linear feet of it. It was okay but once an edge peel you're screwed and its too thick to heat and/or re seal

bannertime

We have used it before. It come very messy on the roll and is a bit of a PIA to print on. We've actually done 600 linear feet of it. It was okay but once an edge peel you're screwed and its too thick to heat and/or re seal

I'd reach out to them. They've been working on some new materials. Some that should be releasing soon if not already released.

WB

You might want to test the paint on the brick before you go any further. Most vinyl the is going to conform to the the textured surface is going to be quite aggressive. I would bet that once you go to remove the graphics after a year the paint will be coming with it. For a vinyl to last for a year on a textured surface outdoors and then come off easily is quite the tack. Not sure you can have both..