• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25500 Black dropout

If it's not one thing it's another. I've been playing with settings and profiles to dial in my colors. I finally got all that pretty close, and ran a long print on reflective (7' long). At the last 8-12" of the print the black began dropping out and you can see banding. It seems like I read somewhere that this printer will do that when the heat is turned up, is that the cause?

danno

That could be one cause. The age of the heads could also be a cause. We replace ours between 1500 and 2000 ml to keep colors close.

These are brand new heads, 75ml fired. I just went through a nightmare with this thing over the YK heads. I ended up replacing the carriage cables, PC board and both heads. It has been printing fine since, but then I saw the end of this long print had the faded black and banding. I just ran another small print and the black on the entire thing was banded.

jayhawksigns

Caught ours starting to showing banding on a recent print while it was still running through the printer. Usually turning on Extra Cleanings helps, which did for us, but its something you have to catch while its printing.

Also, is your ink level getting low? I don't 100% rely on that figure the printer reports. Had banding in magenta and replaced the ink cartridge early according to the printer, but it fixed the issue. Believe the reported ink remaining was 5% or so.

I don't hear any air leaking, but I haven't taken it apart to check. I cleaned the heads, enabled extra cleaning and ran an alignment plot. Everything checked out. I ran two jobs on reflective this morning, one 8' long and one 4' long. Everything looked great on those. I then ran another job, about 7' long, and the black started banding about half way through. The printer cooled down between each job, and only the black is affected. I'm not really sure what's going on here