• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

26500 Not printing right color

superdj23

I have printed about 30 wraps for one of my customers. The main color is red and burgundy. I printed one whole wrap a couple of nights ago without a problem. The following night I printed 3 sections with no problems, but when I printed the bulk of the wrap 5 minutes later, the color seems to be a lot more brown than it should be. This leads me to believe that the Magenta is not laying down enough ink all of the sudden. I have done numerous tests and nothing seems to be working. Printheads are new., primer tips are there, etc. Any ideas?

dypinc

When you re-linearized what did it tell you? It should show what has changed. I am assuming that for some reason re-linearization did not bring back correct color?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have printed about 30 wraps for one of my customers. The main color is red and burgundy. I printed one whole wrap a couple of nights ago without a problem. The following night I printed 3 sections with no problems, but when I printed the bulk of the wrap 5 minutes later, the color seems to be a lot more brown than it should be. This leads me to believe that the Magenta is not laying down enough ink all of the sudden. I have done numerous tests and nothing seems to be working. Printheads are new., primer tips are there, etc. Any ideas?
Do you print color bars? Did the machine stop printing then start printing again immediately, how old/how much ink has gone through the heads?

superdj23

The heads are all new within warranty. The machine stopped printing for about 5 minutes and then I sent the rest of the wrap to print which was about 50 feet. I have never printed the gutter before, but I did try that today and it does not seem like it is helping.

superdj23

That is the most mind boggling thing. The printheads did there alignment and I have printed some test plots, but nothing appears to be wrong. I printed a PMS color chart and compared it to an older one and the colors are identical. It almost like after 30 plus wraps, the machine forgot how to print the correct color.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The heads are all new within warranty. The machine stopped printing for about 5 minutes and then I sent the rest of the wrap to print which was about 50 feet. I have never printed the gutter before, but I did try that today and it does not seem like it is helping.
So there are 3 things to look at:
1) Relinearize the colors as Dypinc said
2) Send all jobs together, When the heads cool then heat again it can cause color shifts... 5mins does allow the temp to drop about 10+ degrees
3) Check the printhead plot to make sure all nozzles are firing.

brycesteiner

Is it possible you changed presets in between, or any kind of a setting, even temperature time between passes? It would seem if this happened between jobs this would be the case. If it happened during a job then, I would suspect in the printer.

superdj23

Update...Turns out it was a bad ink cartridge. I had changed the magenta halfway through printing the smaller section and did not notice the color shift after about 6 feet. I guess it took about that much material for it to make it through the lines. Never had that problem with a cartridge before. Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback.