• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3 Nights work..now File Format Not Supported!

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I've been working on layouts for a job with a Fri. deadline. When I tried to open the file today it fold me that the file format was not supported!:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
Is there any way to get this file back? I'm using Flexi 7.7 and it is a Flexi file.
I did import a couple of logo's yesterday also.
THANKS for any help

Last edited:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
do you have any autobackups of the file? I have had success using Time Machine on a Mac. I am not sure if there is an equivalent program on Windows.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well, for openers, you might want to give us a clue as to the software you're using and the file format in question.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've also been having trouble opening files...namely the bottom drawer on the right.

I have a strong suspicion that when I do get it open, I'll get a "page not found" error.

Dang.

JB

Attachments

• 220px-Metal_File_Cabinet.jpg
    220px-Metal_File_Cabinet.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 88

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Have you tried opening a new blank document and then importing your original file into it?
Has worked once or twice for me.
If you can't get it to open and it is not to big I could try to open it here if you like.
I have 7.6 & 8.6 running here.

wayne k
guam usa

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried opening a new blank document and then importing your original file into it?
Has worked once or twice for me.
If you can't get it to open and it is not to big I could try to open it here if you like.
I have 7.6 & 8.6 running here.

wayne k
guam usa
Yes I did try to import it to a new file..no luck. My work computer is not on line and it is a pretty big file (lots of logo's) so I don't think I can send it. Thanks for the offer though.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yes I did try to import it to a new file..no luck. My work computer is not on line and it is a pretty big file (lots of logo's) so I don't think I can send it. Thanks for the offer though.

Flexi is not my favorite program on my computer but it does make me money while it is doing its best to make me angry.
No other fixes for the file that I know of.

If you run out of options I can help you get the file to me by ftp or a file sharing host. Could be a further waste of time but worth a try before rebuilding the whole file.
Might be time to think about designing outside of flexi and saving in a more universal eps/pdf format.
I know for a fact that the rise in blood pressure/temperature of the Flexi user base is contributing to global warming.

wayne k
guam usa

JMDigital

If you want to send the file to someone put it on a mem card or cd then
use http://www.largefilesasap.com
they will let you send large files for free to anyone. That way loading your file
into a different flexi computer may help

I would do it but I am only on Flexi 7.5 .

Good Luck

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
THANKS for the offers! But its been a long day, I've had it. I've already started to get the file done over, It always go's quicker the second time... I can still get it done by the dead line its just a PIA.
This is the second time this has happened and was interested to see if anyone has found a way around it.
I think it had something to do with importing a file that was not compatible with flexi, and now that it's in there it won't read it.
Thanks again... my head hurts, Im go'in to have a nightcap and bed.

Pat Whatley

I know this is going to sound ridiculous and impossible but change the file name and try to reopen it. It only works about 1 time in 10 but sometimes it happens.

I don't know why Flexi will do that. It's been doing it since version 3. It only happens to us about twice a year so it's reliable about 99.9% of the time....it just seems like those times it fails it's on a large, complex job.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So Pat what name works on the rename?

"IreallyamaFlexiFileOpenMeNowYouPOSoritstheRecycleBinforYou.fs"

maybe?

visual800

files are not readable Flexi has been my program since 99 and for some reason ALL OF 08 files are this way, ALL OF THEM! Those files were done in flexi 7.6 and now I have 10 I went in when I first got it and it still would open them

Always amazed me how a program can not only create files but also corrupt them

WildWestDesigns

files are not readable Flexi has been my program since 99 and for some reason ALL OF 08 files are this way, ALL OF THEM! Those files were done in flexi 7.6 and now I have 10 I went in when I first got it and it still would open them

Always amazed me how a program can not only create files but also corrupt them

I have had that happen in Ai CS5 before their last update on that program. It would create files and then when I would go in to work on them, they were corrupted. Since the update, no problem. Go figure.