• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant 3 PRINT HEADS IN UNDER A YEAR! TruVis VG-540

Dr. Decal

Well, just when I thought I had finally got over all of the issues with our Roland VG-540, it drops yet another print head.

We still haven't hit the one year mark with this machine and it will make the 3rd print head to be replaced.
This is not head strike related, I don't think I have ever had a head strike on this machine.

I always get a perfect test print before printing. This makes the third head that just drops out and will not come back after an automatic cleaning. I ran a cleaning to try to fix a couple missing nozzles, and the entire thing dropped out and will not come back.

Is there a lemon law on printers? When it works I'm completely happy, but 3 heads in a year is pitiful. I regularly maintain the machine, and I am the only one who touches it. The new Tru-Vis ink will create a thick gum like resin on the print heads that has to be cleaned at least twice a week to keep the test prints perfect. Idk if this new ink is killing the heads, or if our machine just got a bad batch from the factory.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Always happens when I'm slammed too.

Mysticalvibes

If it was brand new when you got it I'd be inclined to say it's not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act. We got our xr640 replaced as we were placed with faults since we bought it. Initially it was changed for what was apparently a show model which was rarely used however after several faults it came to light that the machine had actually been returned by a previous customer for been constantly faulty!!! After advising our supplier that we were aware we'd got a second hand machine they finally agreed to replace it with brand new machines. So definitely I'd be fighting for a replacement as something definitely seems to be a miss. We had to replace a head in our sp540 but that was definitely destroyed by a head strike so no comeback there :-(

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

petepaz

we have a vp-540, xc-540, xr-640, LEJ640 and about two months ago got the VG-540. we are familiar with our share of legitimate problems and head strikes (unfortunately) so far no problems with the vg. i do try to clean our machines every two weeks unless we give them a really heavy use in which case could be once a week. which head are you having the problem with? (same head or different each time) regardless i would say you are still in warranty and to have that much trouble in a short period of time they should probably replace the whole machine. doesn't seem like they know what the problem is. hope you are able to get it resolved

LarryB

That's ashame as I am hearing a bunch of horror stories about the newer Roland printers. My XC-540 is 12 years old and has run 8-10 hours a day since I bought it. I've had routine maintenance and repair on it but overall it has been great. With all of these issues with the newer models I do not see my next printer coming from Roland which is a shame.

ProPDF

People were unloading these VG on eBay way too quick after release. There are some on there now. The Soljet Pro II and Pro III were extremely solid machines and it's a shame the VS series on up has had a lot of issues. The single head epson head setup was the dumbest idea ever. Roland went back to the per head per channel with the newest models like it should be. It's just too bad the heads are giving users issues.

Well, just when I thought I had finally got over all of the issues with our Roland VG-540, it drops yet another print head.

We still haven't hit the one year mark with this machine and it will make the 3rd print head to be replaced.
This is not head strike related, I don't think I have ever had a head strike on this machine.

I always get a perfect test print before printing. This makes the third head that just drops out and will not come back after an automatic cleaning. I ran a cleaning to try to fix a couple missing nozzles, and the entire thing dropped out and will not come back.

Is there a lemon law on printers? When it works I'm completely happy, but 3 heads in a year is pitiful. I regularly maintain the machine, and I am the only one who touches it. The new Tru-Vis ink will create a thick gum like resin on the print heads that has to be cleaned at least twice a week to keep the test prints perfect. Idk if this new ink is killing the heads, or if our machine just got a bad batch from the factory.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Always happens when I'm slammed too.

Hello Bly,

We agree it is unusual to have three (3) heads replaced in such a short period of ownership and we want to help, but we need you to
submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form (or just call us). We can research your issue, communicate with your authorized dealer and get to the bottom of the problem.

Also, be sure you've registered your machine so we can start a support ticket. You can register online here: Warranty Registration | Roland Warranty Registry Information | Roland DGA

If you do contact us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn