• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

30" printer info

jzorn

I am thinking about buying a 30" used printer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand to buy? or have a lightly used one for sale?
I only do vinyl now but want to move slowly. (one around Wisconsin or nearby would be nice.)
Thanks

Jim Doggett

I'd suggest looking for a used Mutoh ValueJet 48" printer. 30" is pretty narrow these days. With 48" you can print 3' tall banners, full bleed (hemmed & grommeted) ... by any length.

With 30" you're pretty much doing 2' tall banners ... tiny in today's market.

Also, try http://www.signtrader.com/ It's a good place for folks selling / trading equipment.

Good luck,

Jim

Mosh

We have a versacamm sp 30", we use it on small stuff when our 54's are full. Reliable machine, never done anything to but put new ink in and clean it. We run around 50-75 feet through it a week, so it is not ran much. It was a demo, so we got it pretty cheap, or I would have gotten another 54", cause 30" is pretty small.

gnatt66

I have a Roland vp300i and love it. yeah...i can only do small banners, I try and sell 2 and a HALF foot by ___ banners...heh.

I'll sub out anything bigger until I can justify a 54 inch versacamm. Oh and mine was a demo too..got a good deal on it.

Mosh

Our supplier had a show and I just asked him if he had a demo for sale. I saved $4K.

gnatt66

yup, asked a friend where he got his and if the service was good (and it is). Got mine from New England Sign Supply in Mass. My rep is great to deal with....and i saved a few grand too. It was a few months old and had just run a few yards of banner/vinyl through it.

It's important to find someone that will take the time to get you all set up, printing, make sure everything is kosher and is around after the sale for all the dumb questions....I can text my rep and get an answer in minutes....I don't think I could have beat that service anywhere.

Mosh

We also saved because we set ours up ourselves, we had 3 54" machines already.

Just wait until I get a few more in me, then the fun with really start LOL!