• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

32 bit eye candy

bunchdog

Can anyone help me know where to buy 32 bit eye candy. Tom K tried to help and I appreciate his trying but I wasn't able to download it from the links that were posted. I guess that was just an upgrade or something for someone that had already purchased it before. I downloaded the 32 bit zip file from the link but the plugin wasn't in the file when I extracted it. Flexi techs tell me it must be 32 bit and not 64. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. My original post was a reply to "Plugins" in this forum if it helps anyone follow what I tried. Alien Skin doesn't sell the 32 bit anymore. Or is there another good plugin out there that is 32 bit and will work with Flexi that can bevel letters and do neat graphic effects like blur, etc.

WildWestDesigns

There used to be a workaround with use Ps and when installing the plugins for Ps, could go under custom and install other plugins (including 32 bit versions) and then direct Flexi to that folder with the 32 bit plugins.

That may or may not be a valid work around anymore, I dunno.

I'm actually unaware of direct plugins in for Flexi, only using Ps plugins, but I could be wrong about that.

Plugins like FilterForge, Topaz and Fluid Mask, while I think can be leverage by Flexi are actually Ps plugins (mom likes Topaz plugins).

bunchdog

Thanks,
The way I understand it is that Flexi hasn't created plugins but there are many out there that will work.
Under the Bitmap drop down in Flexi, the bottom choice where you access the plugins is called "Adobe Plugins"

I've already installed 2 that Mark Rugen suggested in his video about plugins.

The ones I have are just for photo enhancement.

I would like to have one or more that do some of the creative stuff that photoshop can do.

I have an older version of PS (CS3 I think) but I don't think it will work with Windows 10

Anyone know about that or if there is a workaround?

Is it alright to try to install a program just to see or can that wreak havoc?

WildWestDesigns

Thanks,
The way I understand it is that Flexi hasn't created plugins but there are many out there that will work.
Under the Bitmap drop down in Flexi, the bottom choice where you access the plugins is called "Adobe Plugins"

Yep, it used Ps plugins. Not any developed for Flexi specifically, either by them or by 3rd parties (that I'm aware of).

I have an older version of PS (CS3 I think) but I don't think it will work with Windows 10

It may or may not work with Win 10, but with the nature of Win 10 in general, I wouldn't expect it to last too long working. Any big future update could make it not work.

One concern though that I would have is that most software vendors (outside of some really niche program vendors and even that is changing in some areas) are moving away from 32 bit to 64 bit. So even if you got a new one that would work with the new version of Ps, no promises that they would have a 32 bit version that you could install along with the 64 bit version.

Ps itself is exclusively 64 bit, so any plugins designed to work on the latest CC would also have to be. I doubt that they would keep 32 bit binaries around unless they are also running on legacy Ps.