• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

32" Print Cut Recommendations

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hi all. Need some recommendations on a about 32" print cutter. Eco solvent preferred, about 32", dryer. Will be used for 6"x10" labels on 55 gallon drums. There are so many brands now. I use a SC540 now for my own business, but cannot do the labels, conflict of interest. Don't want to buy the labels since this is an ongoing project. Would like to keep it under $3500. Any ideas? Most printers like mimaki, Epson are over 5k -10k,Thanks for the help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only printer/cutter you are going to find around that price is a used Roland SP300 or maybe a Mimaki CJV30.

Joe House

How many labels can you buy for $3500? If that's your budget, keep outsourcing. Buying the printer is just the start of your expenses. How much had been budgeted for ongoing maintenance? What media? How much will that add? Ink? Space for the printer and related work area?
As for the conflict, give them a fair price for a typical order and let them shop around to see if thru can do better.

Good luck