• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

355th top heat laminator

rg21

Hey all! First time poster....long time lurker. I'm a rookie at the vinyl graphics but getting better. Been out of town for a while... came back last night to laminate some print jobs and about a 2" section of lam had stuck to the bottom roller of my laminator. Hindsight says I should have taken my heat gun and warmed the laminate up before peeling it off the roller, but I didn't. I ended up scarring up the roller terribly. Like can't even laminate any more it's pitted so bad.

I haven't gotten a response yet to see what that roller is worth to replace. Can't imagine it's going to be cheap, sadly. But was wondering if it'd be possible to fill with some sort of epoxy and try to smooth out the roller for inexpensive before I resort to expensive? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

rg21

the laminate was sticky side down on the bottom roller. Never had an issue before but this sat for awhile in a fairly warm room. No knife needed. I peeled it up off the roller and chunks of rubber came with it. And I mean bad. Can't even tell you how stuck it was on the roller. Didn't think it'd be an issue. Course I didn't mean to have it sticking to the roller either....

rg21

oh believe me, it happened! I'll get some pics tonight. $1188 for a new bottom roller. Not a good mistake.... ugh.