• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

36" calandered air release?

mudmedia

I have a large decal run to do for a construction company. They are 34" wide decals they have requested air release for easy installation.

They are going to need a few rolls of material just for this run so instead of wasting 18" on 54" roll of 35c was wondering if anyone sales a 36" calendared air release vinyl?

Flame

What about flipping it? Or is the smallest width 34" With that said.. how are you going to contour cut with only 1" on each edge? Even with bomb sight that's going to be pretty hard to try to pull off.

With that said, I'd just get some rolls cut down. Like cut down a 60, to a 38, leaving you with some 22" rolls. Which I don't know about you, but I can burn through oddsized, small calendared rolls of vinyl pretty fast. Just on small jobs, handout decals etc. Better than leaving all that material to waste!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just run the 54" and charge an off-fall price for your unprinted vinyl, which pays you to not customize anything and you get to keep some stray 18" vinyl for road bumps up ahead..... for free.

That would be free little runs all paid for.

mudmedia

Flame,

Smallest width is 34 they are like 34" x 70" some big decals. They do not need to be contour cut just rectangle cut.

I am sure I could go through some 20" calendared rolls but hate cutting rolls down. That will be what I will do if no other options though! Thanks

Flame

Not sure who sells 72" rolls....but if you can find some just get them to cut it in half.

And I don't know about you guys but I would print and/or cut with 1" margin on each side all day long. As long as your media flange rollers and guides and take up is set properly, you should be able to print full rolls with an inch of leeway on each side.

I was assuming he was contour cutting. To do so with an ARMS system I like to leave 2" on each side to be safe. Just printing though, 1" is more than enough and then some room for whip cream and a cherry on top.

mudmedia

I could get lucky maybe and see if Josh aka Bigfish has some 72" or 36" stashed away but I am not a good betting man.

mudmedia

Was just going to laminate with oracal 210...honestly yeah it can be any 36" calandered as long as air release. Only going to be staying up for about 6 months to a year. They are just really pushy about the darn air release

brian_fellers

I know Oracal makes their 3651 in 36" rolls. They also make 3651RA (Rapid Air), but not sure if it also comes in 36" rolls. I would check that out. Or maybe check the 3165RA too, I know they make a 30" roll, not sure about 36" though.

mudmedia

3651 comes in 36" 3651RA does not ...I have no clue why..They make 36" roll of lam but no vinyl. Company must have air release. I can try to talk them down to 30" but not exactly sure how that will go.

Thanks for the advice

rjssigns

We have "yield" charges depending on inches of usable width since we only run 54". Beats paying carrying costs of weird size materials we hardly use.

Tim Aucoin

What Gino & rjssigns said!!
Run on 54" and charge in the waste (even at a lower PSF rate if need be) so long as you cover your costs +15% or so. 54" rolls are for the most part more usable than 36". Keeps your inventory down also. If you're running 34" decals on 54" 35c, then basically you need to charge an extra 67¢ or so per running linear foot to recover the waste cost. Over the length of a 50 yard roll, that's around 100 bucks. If your decals are 34" x what, 36"... just mark the price up an extra $4 to $8 each (should be very easy), and you're doing fine. Food for thought! :popcorn:

signage

Use the area not for this job printing protional items for yourself and your best customers and give them to them!