• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 7125 with clear backing available online?

Bleemus

Have recently been using some of the 3M 7125 with clear backing after doing a lot of work with their paper backed version and the clear is so much better than the paper for aligning multicolor decals.

My friend who owns a sign shop calls Hart Sign Supply for it but they dont stock it so it is drop shipped from 3M which can add days.

Trying to find an online site that stocks the clear backed version with decent shipping options.

Anybody?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

ikarasu

Fellers and grimco has it. It is a cast product, and you'll be paying quite a bit more for it. I believe a 24" roll is around $300-350 Canadian.

That said... I haven't found a material that's better for cutting/weeding. We use it exclusively at our work.

MartinJones

Have recently been using some of the 3M 7125 with clear backing after doing a lot of work with their paper backed version and the clear is so much better than the paper for aligning multicolor decals.

My friend who owns a sign shop calls Hart Sign Supply for it but they dont stock it so it is drop shipped from 3M which can add days.

Trying to find an online site that stocks the clear backed version with decent shipping options.

Anybody?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Midwest Sign Supply has it, its about the only vinyl I use
Martin

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The 7725 series weeds better because the vinyl has a stronger bond on the plastic versus the paper liner. But, you will need to use a more aggressive transfer tape or re-squeegee right before the installation or you'll risk losing or ripping characters.

It's a tradeoff.

I once had a customer send me a pattern of thousands of .2" etchlook dots with cheap transfer tape. 90% of them wouldn't pull off the liner. I tried re-squeegeeing, peeling 180 degrees, no luck.

Other advantages, installing wet on glass. You don't have to worry about the paper getting wet.

Just test before you commit.

gregory1.com sell it as well. 6500 series trendfilm is a cheaper Gregory version of the 7125 series.