• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m 780cr Vs 680cr

I use Grimco as my main supplier for my large format materials, and I go through quite a bit of 680CR. When I called in a couple weeks ago to order more 680, they told me 3M had this awesome new reflective out, which is the 780. They sent me a sample roll of it, I haven't really had much time to mess with it but it looks interesting. It is supposed to be more conformible, they are advertising it as a "wrap" reflective. It has a different look to it, more of a glittery appearance. Has anyone used this extensively yet? 680CR has been an awesome product for me, and I'm one of those "if it's not broke don't fix it" types of people. I'm just wondering if the 780 will be better for general vehicle graphics or if I should only look into using it for more complex curves or wrap type situations.

SignosaurusRex

Like you, I figure why fix it if it ain't broke. Rep wouldn't give me a sample large enough to play with and I think I heard something about more $ so I was only half-assed paying much attention. I don't do any full wraps anymore and the 680 is working just fine for now.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We are sticking with 680 here for now. Our vendor is able to give us a certain level of discount on the 680 since we buy so much 3M product, but the 780 has the new 3M "fixed price" model so it has a much higher price point.