• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m, Avery, Techwrap, Vvivid charging for sample books

datoshway

Here's a tip guys. Don't charge us people who sell mass amounts of your products for sample swatch books. No other industry on this planet does that. Sick and tired of purchasing sample books from these hungry bastards just so I can sell their product.

2B

talk to your rep.
while the Fellers site charges for the charts, our rep will send them for free.

also when you go to trade shows, talk to the staff there. they are always looking to give charts outs

I’ve never had issues getting them. If you purchase a decent amount of the products, just ask the reps for them. I usually get 4-5 of each at a time without any hassle.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Where can you buy color swatch books? I have been trying to do this for years. Especially interested in 3M products.

I use a local distributor. Their prices are a little high, but I can usually get 1-2 day delivery. They will usually supply me with a handful of color charts, but often they are running short on supply. They buy them by the case, and they cost a few $$ each, but I cannot find a way to buy them myself.

Here's the problem: Customer wants to "think" about buying sign, and ask his "wife" about colors. The salesperson that leaves behind a color chart and drawing will have a much better chance of getting the sale than the salesperson who does not (note: you will never, ever get your color chart back). Rather than come across as petty and uncooperative (or worse, condescending to an obviously much more intelligent and experienced buyer), I prefer to pander to their needs and demonstrate my willingness to cater to their demands. I would be thrilled to death to be able to leave color charts behind, except I'm usually on my last dog-eared and folded up copy.

I don't expect to get them for free. I just want a stack of them so I don't run out. I'll bury the cost in my price.

datoshway

We buy from fellers and grimco. Both companies have phased out “reps”. They are both encouraging us to buy directly from the website now. We still have a “rep” to talk to when needed but they are pretty much useless. Unless there is an issue.

Fellers sells the color swatch books for $20-$30 each.

Notnormal

We buy from fellers and grimco. Both companies have phased out “reps”. They are both encouraging us to buy directly from the website now. We still have a “rep” to talk to when needed but they are pretty much useless. Unless there is an issue.

we have a fellers rep who stops by the shop. very helpful and always willing to answer calls with product recommendations and questions even outside business hours. but so far ive only been able to get 1 970ra, 1 sw900 and an orcal cut vinyl books from him so far.

Patentagosse

If they really wanna save on the swatch books, why don't they just send us the samples for their new colors instead of the whole deal everytime... I don't really need 4 3M colorbooks just send me the 5 new colors so I can add 'em in mine. That sounds too simple probably. I made that suggestion many times but haven't found an ear for it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If they really wanna save on the swatch books, why don't they just send us the samples for their new colors instead of the whole deal everytime... I don't really need 4 3M colorbooks just send me the 5 new colors so I can add 'em in mine. That sounds too simple probably. I made that suggestion many times but haven't found an ear for it.
They do, do that. I have tons of baggies of just the new swatches.

fresh

i've never paid for a swatch book. either call the company directly or ask one of your distributors for one. Or go to a trade show.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As a dealer most of my suppliers give us a certain amount of free swatch books based on our sales and then we can buy more if needed. I tend to give them out to my best customers because they actually use them. If I gave one out to every person who buys vinyl I would go broke. Most of the time I tell the guys who buy 1 roll a year to call the manufacturer directly and they will normally send one out to you.