• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Carbon Fiber Wrap

We have a customer that wants his race car wrapped with the 3m Carbon Fiber material. But our problem is that we will need to put sponsor decals over it. And those of you who know about this material know that nothing sticks to it. We are looking for a solution. We don't want to go with the R-Tape carbon fiber because it doesn't have the conformity that the wrap material does.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Well the previous wrap I had on my Shop truck was White Carbon fiber-Brushed titanium-Black Carbon fiber & Matt Lime Green stripe. The green was on top of the black carbon fiber. No problems.

The stripe cover the butt seam between the other 2 colors.

Just have to use a little 70% isopropyl alcohol before you apply to it

For a race car I would go printed! Cost!

Not to mention the care that goes into carbon fiber!!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
print black and then lam with 3M 8900 lamination

little bit overkill on black ink. Make sure you let it gas out for 2 days if you print with solvent

Personally i do not like the printed cf since metro gets it printed on regular white vinyl. You can also do the same thing.