• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ180Cv3-10 ISSUES

PhantomNeon

I have a roll of 3M IJ180Cv3-10 material with a big " white grease" mark in the middle of the whole roll, incredible noticeable when printing, I unroll the material and is all around it, I need to be done with a job by saturday, but I can't laminate this job... actually the last roll of 3M lamination was super "matte cloudy" I have to heat super slowly everything, and still didn't looks shinny, contact fellers, and they request pictures, and start an "investigation" but my customer already mad, and I have to remake a big part of the job...I was wonder if I'm the only one, thinking to move into Oracal, I'm a small shop, and this is causing me a big problem...11:00 pm, and the printing looks terrible....the material is crazy bad.... I never see this....

Attachments

• DSC03332.jpg
    DSC03332.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC03327.jpg
    DSC03327.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC03333.jpg
    DSC03333.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC03331.jpg
    DSC03331.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 100

2B

that is a defective roll of material

you can try ordering new rolls and then go about getting replacements.

we use oracal for most every job and have been happy with the results

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You need to just get the replacement roll in and move on with life. Changing brands will not fix it, ALL brands sometimes have a defective run. In my experience with so many rolls over the years of most brands I'd have to say overall I've had the least defects from 3M compared to other brands.

Never fun or pleasant when it happens though. No matter the brand, you usually end up losing some and at best will only get a replacement roll.

PhantomNeon

3m warranty ?????

I have a roll of 3M IJ180Cv3-10 material with a big " white grease" mark in the middle of the whole roll, incredible noticeable when printing, I unroll the material and is all around it, I need to be done with a job by saturday, but I can't laminate this job... actually the last roll of 3M lamination was super "matte cloudy" I have to heat super slowly everything, and still didn't looks shinny, contact fellers, and they request pictures, and start an "investigation" but my customer already mad, and I have to remake a big part of the job...I was wonder if I'm the only one, thinking to move into Oracal, I'm a small shop, and this is causing me a big problem...11:00 pm, and the printing looks terrible....the material is crazy bad.... I never see this....
Second defective roll in less than 2 months !!!!! 3M only ask for samples and pictures, nothing happen after that...seems like a chinese import material and same kind of warranty !!!! so mad, I have to reprint almost 300sqft. of material...

c_mcclurg

Our apologies...

PhantomNeon, sorry to hear you had this issue with IJ180Cv3. We want to get this resolved for you. If you would be willing to give me your phone number I will have someone here call you directly.

Regards,

Chris McClurg
3M Commercial Graphics

csmcclurg@mmm.com