• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m ij35-20

B Snyder

I've used a ton of the IJ35-10 (gloss) and IJ35C-10 (gloss with Comply adhesive). Both of those have a "3M Scotchcal" branded liner.
I just received my first roll of 3M IJ35-20 ("-20" signifying that it has a matte finish) and it's liner has no printing on it at all. Anyone know if this is normal for this media? I use this for jobs like customer applied bumper stickers and I prefer to hand my customer a product that says 3M on it.

Rydaddy

I use the IJ35c-20 and hit it has the 3M printing on it, if that helps. I've only been buying the control-tac though.

B Snyder

Fellers only offers the matte with the standard adhesive. The "C" signifies that its the Comply adhesive. Controltac is an altogether different feature that IJ35C definitely doesn't have. When it sticks it's pretty much stuck.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have not seen the missing 3m logo on vinyl before but I did see a "Product of Korea" stamp on the core or box of some "3M" matte banner material. Maybe they do sub out some of their less expensive products.

wayne k
guam usa

miltondavis

It might be an old roll? I remember when Ij35 first popped on the scene none of the rolls I got had the 3M logo on the liner, I complained to my supplier and 3M and now I see its printed, I know my comment to them was likely insignificant but none the less most rolls I see now include the logo which is nice.

I thought only the comply had the 3M markings on the back. When I first started using non-comply, no markings, then when I went with comply it had it.

I'm the same way, when I hand of decals or anything not applied, I like for them to see 3M on the back of it.

B Snyder

Here is the info I received from 3M.

3M - "Sometimes our liner on our films does not have any markings on it. This
may happen if the manufacturer is near the end of the roll of liner that is
applied to the films."

Me - "Does this mean 3M is not the manufacturer of the IJ35 product?"

3M - "3M is the manufacturer of 3M Scotchcal Graphic Film IJ35."

Me - "You previously said "This may happen if the manufacturer is near the end of the roll of liner that is applied to the films."

3M - "I apologize for the confusion. Basically, 3M films may have non printed (no 3M stamp on them) liners. When our 3M Films are manufactured, they may obtain a non-printed liner if the it is near the end of a roll of liner material."

"IJ35 product is manufactured in our Nevada Mo. Plant."

So, there we have it.

cdiesel

From my understanding, 3M (and most, if not ALL of the other vendors) do not produce their own release liner. The liners are sourced from various suppliers. A lot of them come from the same suppliers who have licensed certain technology, hence the popularity of the "football" air egress patern on the Oracal line.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I've used a ton of the IJ35-10 (gloss) and IJ35C-10 (gloss with Comply adhesive). Both of those have a "3M Scotchcal" branded liner.
I just received my first roll of 3M IJ35-20 ("-20" signifying that it has a matte finish) and it's liner has no printing on it at all. Anyone know if this is normal for this media? I use this for jobs like customer applied bumper stickers and I prefer to hand my customer a product that says 3M on it.
I just purchased a roll from our 3m Supplier and it is blank also. I was also confused. Here is
IJ35 core label_small.jpg
a photo of the label in the core.

Asuma01

This isn't directly related to the topic. But anyone that hasnt tried 3M 40c-10 or 40c-20 in place of the IJ35c absolutely should give it a try. Its vastly superior for only a few dollars more.

Chasez

Just checked my IJ 35-10 roll and it doesn't have the printed markings on the liner. Also my core stamp looks exactly the same as dasigndr's photo. Don't think anything of it. We buy from a large distributor and are on good terms with our 3M commercial rep here and havent had any problems or heard anything about it. Pretty sure each plant that makes the materials sources from different places so some may get the liner with the markings and some may not.

Chaz