• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ40 Stress Test

radiohead223

here is a little update on a Stress Test we have been doing here. 18months ago we printed up a colour chart on 3M IJ40 and LG ld3950g. both these we laid on a sheet of signwhite and placed them on the roof of our workshop here.

over laminate for IJ40 was IJ40-114 and LG over laminate was LP3912g

Attachments

• IJ40test01.jpg
    IJ40test01.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IJ40test02.jpg
    IJ40test02.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IJ40test03.jpg
    IJ40test03.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So you will now charge extra for the special "distress" effects in the LG media?
Forgot to ask;
what lam did you use on the IJ?

wayne k
guam usa

radiohead223

over laminate for IJ40 was IJ40-114 and LG over laminate was LP3912g

i do work in the north part of australia so our UV is rather high but still it showed us 3M is still a good staple for us to stick with

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Over the years we tried sample rolls of many other brands. Time and time again we are right back with 3M for good reason..... Some of the others are not too bad but that LG looks horrific!

radiohead223

our next test we are doing is the difference between 3M IJ40 vs IJ35.... have to see how the 35 goes in the UV we have around here

radiohead223

i've never had one complaint from a client about IJ40.... only my boss here about the price of it and wanting cheaper options

had complaints about LG, oracal and the most recent being some Automark brand that we used a few rolls of

i must say i loved oracal in normal vinyls and translucent but just the over laminated has always had a lot of movement after two years in this area