• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M print 40C

strypguy

I'd like to hear from any members that have used 3M print 40C extensively. I like the idea of a versatile film I can use on floors, box trucks, signs etc. I'm wondering if anyone has had any specific trouble with the film as far as durability or failures.Thanks, John

CanuckSigns

I have had a few failures and no longer use it. the most recent was on a glass door, full coverge, cleaned the door very well, and it was peeling up in about 2 weeks

bannertime

I've had 40c on my lift truck for about a year now as a test. In the deep curves there is some lifting. Possibly even water behind it. Everywhere else it's pretty solid. I removed some promotional graphics from my windows after a year and they came off clean without heat. I don't do wraps or anything with it, typically just spot graphics. So I've only been through maybe 5-6 rolls in the past year of using it. I would feel comfortable, as we already are, using it for short to medium term promotional graphics.

OhioSigns

I use 3M 40C-10R for just about everything but vehicle wraps and short term signage. I make quite a bit of safety floor graphics for a local factory using it with the 3645 overlaminate. Use the 8508 for generic decals, 8518 for outdoor signage, contour cut vehicle graphics, box truck and trailer wraps without rivets although I usually try to steer the customer with the 3M 180CV3 if they are trying to get the absolute best product. More often than not though they go with the 40C due to the cost savings. I've been using it for almost 2 years with no failures yet. I think it's a great all around product.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I just started using it solely as a cut vinyl for some fleet graphics.....they're blue cars, trucks and vans with all white graphics. So far seems to work great for that. Cuts and weeds great and having air release is a must for lots of installs.

SouthEastMIsigns

I use 3M 40C-10R for just about everything but vehicle wraps and short term signage. I make quite a bit of safety floor graphics for a local factory using it with the 3645 overlaminate. Use the 8508 for generic decals, 8518 for outdoor signage, contour cut vehicle graphics, box truck and trailer wraps without rivets although I usually try to steer the customer with the 3M 180CV3 if they are trying to get the absolute best product. More often than not though they go with the 40C due to the cost savings. I've been using it for almost 2 years with no failures yet. I think it's a great all around product.

I always thought the 8518-8520 was intended to be used with the 180 print films? Do you see an advantage using the 8518 over the 8508 when printing on 40C-10R?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I always thought the 8518-8520 was intended to be used with the 180 print films? Do you see an advantage using the 8518 over the 8508 when printing on 40C-10R?
You can use 8518 on anything, as long it's cast. I use it for any outdoor translucent prints, on 180 Vinyl, Oracal cast, Arlon cast...doesn't matter. Only time it matters is with a warranty issue with 3M.

SouthEastMIsigns

asd

we only use it on flat surfaces, signs indoor/outdoor, we used it once on the rear upper panels of a cargo van and it fail within 4 months even thou we used 8518 overlaminate with it the edges started to lift