• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3'x15'x1.5" HDU Sign Install Question

debeer920

Hey everyone I could use some insight on installing a 3'x15'x1.5" HDU Sign to a stucco wall. First should I use a backer on the sign such as .040 aluminum? Second would you glue studs in the back of sign or use anchors such as tapcons to mount it to the wall? The sign will be installed approximately 10' in the air above the entrance way.

Attachments

• Mockup 2.jpg
    Mockup 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 261

Billct2

No backer need for a wall mount. I would do shoes. That way I could be sure I'm getting a solid connection without messing around with the face or studs.
I'd do a few test drills and could always go with toggles if needed. Number of shoes would depend on how securely I got them set. And silicone over the hardware to keep water from getting in before mounting the sign.

debeer920

No backer need for a wall mount. I would do shoes. That way I could be sure I'm getting a solid connection without messing around with the face or studs.
I'd do a few test drills and could always go with toggles if needed. Number of shoes would depend on how securely I got them set. And silicone over the hardware to keep water from getting in before mounting the sign.
Thank you for the response! Okay I started rethinking the install to make it as easy as possible, and came the conclusion that maybe aluminum french cleats would work better. What are your thoughts? Also I am very curious about the shoes. I'm not sure I've ever used or seen them unless they go by other names. Would you be able to provide an example?

Attachments

• 71T0hQZ6W9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71T0hQZ6W9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 191

Billct2

Shoes are just angle brackets. You can us aluminum angle cut to length or bend .080. Mount to wall with bolts and screw into edge. Cleats are good too.