• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

400+ Empty Ink Carts. What to do?

Signed Out

We used to return them to staples for a few bucks each. But at some point they started only allowing a handful or so a month. Now we have a few boxes full of them and want to get rid of them. Specifically, eco sol max 440ml.

Are they worth anything? The chips?

If not, how to recycle?

flyplainsdrifta

when i was a bit younger and still super into graffiti, my first actual experience with those carts was cracking them open and emptying out the bags and putting that ink into markers which makes for a hell of a time cleaning that up. i will say i am very far over that stage of my life and have changed.

on the real, ive been emptying the carts in to a drum and having hazardous waste do pickups. we do that with all of our ink here. fill the drum, call for pickup.

Category5

Our county landfill has a hazardous waste program that takes them free of charge a couple of times a year. Worth checking into.

JPR-5690

we recycle all of our consumable parts like that through Konica Minolta's clean planet program. They take parts from any printer regardless of the make or manufacturer and they have the option of a prepaid label for your own packaging, boxes with prepaid labels already attached, or full size gaylords that they'll pick up.

the only other option I've found is Best Buy. They'll recycle old electronics and consumables for you and if it's current technology you can sometimes get a small store credit as payment.

mkmie

Lost Soul
We have nowhere that many but I have brought as many as 50 to Office Max/ Office Depot at one time packaged nicely and they take them. They always remind me that we only get credit, two bucks I think, for 10 cartridges a month. I smile and say OK. I'd be happy to pay them the two bucks just to not have to put the cartridges in the landfill.

TimToad

Ordway Sign Supply will take them, pay for the shipping and give you either $1 a piece cash credit, or $5 in store credit on the purchase of more Roland ink. There are limitations to how they do it and you need to read the fine print, but at least you're able to find a place to get rid of them, get something out of the deal and get more ink.

http://www.signsupply.com/GoGreen/GoGreen.asp