• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4mm Coroplast Sign Stakes

Signworks_WI

We have struggled to find a sturdy coroplast sign stake. We have tried the expensive Premier Stakes, the inexpensive Step Stakes and just tried the Spider Stakes, which snapped in the winds. Does anyone have one that works best for them, a middle grade quality for a lower price???? - Thanks.

Sign_Boy

Try a U Top - with the 1/4" base - 5 1/2" x 30"
Not sure where to get them by you

Last edited:

petrosgraphics

try Parker Davis Co. inc
Charlotte, NC
1-800-438-0387

they manufacture the step stake, they do have a med. weight stand....

good luck

I like the mini 6" x 17" stakes. They are made from the same wire as the 10" x 30," but they are much stronger because they are compact. It's a lot easier to put the signs on the smaller ones, too. They are shorter and also keep your signs out of the wind better.

G-Artist

I have used Parker Davis many times in the past and found them lacking in strength at the cross weld.

A few years ago we switched to Ver-Mac Industries stakes and haven't looked back. Their weld is across the frame, not within it (much stronger). For a while we were ordering direct but now one of my local coro supplier carries them so I just buy what I need and large volume storage is no longer an issue. Moreover, my customers no longer complain stepping on the stakes (as intended) cause them to snap.

Over the years I have even made my own from concrete block ladder material (read the PD patent as that's where they came from) but the few cents I saved wasn't really worth it.

dfeicke

Couple things to keep in mind. Coroplast signs were never intended to be permanent signs; neither are the frames. They do a decent job for what they were intended.

If you're looking for extra strength, get the wires that are about 6 inches apart; then use two of them per sign, about 4 inches apart. That should do the trick.