• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4over business cards

KPC

sent an order to 4over for business cards

their preview panel shows the front side correct, back side has distorted lettering.

I sent both as .eps files

I called and emailed their tech support with no real good help. Both said that the preview panel is just to show general layout.

But on the preview panel is also says something on the lines of 'if the images displayed do not appear correct, then most likely they aren't correct'

aka, if it doesn't look right on the screen, it isn't going to print right.

So I opened both files again on my computer, exported them as jpg, eps, etc.. they all look ok.

but when uploaded to 4over, the spacing of the one font is very random like this:

if the website www.signs101.com was on the card, when uploaded on 4over it looks like ww w.si gn s 101 .c om

has anyone else had a similar problem like this. I don't want to risk sending it off to print and receiving a box of business cards in a week with the font spacing all messed up.

Nobody at 4over would take the time to actually pull up my order and verify if the problem was on their end, or a faulty file on mine.

S

scarface

I use GP and always upload a flattened JPG at 350 DPI and it works perfectly in the preview and on the final product. Wouldn't think 4O would be much different

Pat Whatley

You are converting your fonts to outlines, right?

I've always sent 300 DPI jpegs and have never had a problem. Printing something as small as a business card the resolution is perfect, no distortion at all.

txsurfer

i send them about 20 cards a week, we always send a pdf, they are a great company if you never need to speak to someone.

Letterbox Mike

it sounds like you didn't convert your fonts to outlines, but that shouldn't matter with the .jpg. I wouldn't upload a .jpg anyway, try a .tiff, cmyk, 600dpi.

ddubia

I've always sent them an .eps with type converted to outlines. If there are images in the file they are 300ppi .tiffs.

I love the print quality and price at 4over.

Malkin

Sounds like a font substitution. Definitely convert all type to outlines/paths/curves/whatever your design program call them.

FrankenSigns.biz

I send 4over 30+ jobs a month. I send jpegs and they get it right every time. No offense but most likely the problem's on your end.

KPC

I had converted the front to curves, but forgot to convert the rear to curves, that is what was causing the problem with the font spacing.

thanks.

mtroup

I also send all my paper print jobs to 4over and some banner/coroplast jobs to grand4mat.. I always flatten the file and save it as 300 dpi pdf and never have any problems. Also, if you download the .JPEG templates and open the file in photoshop it will have the guides set, etc. I don't use Illustrator so the other guides I don't get much use out of..