• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50' high tank

gmcjunkie

Im in need of a little help here. Install company logo aprox 50' up on the side of water tank. Two sides, 6'x10' logo each side. Two color 3M 2mil. It took about 6hour total. 10 miles out of town ect.. the lift was already there and one of their workers was kind enuff to help me out. So im just billing them for one man. I did this with a 24" plotter.. anyways . That being said WHAT WOULD YOU CHARGE? Im not sure how to post a pic on here off my phone.. thanks Kyle.

Scott Reynolds

Im not sure how to post a pic on here off my phone.. thanks Kyle.

Got pictures into your computer (email or download) and click "Go Advanced" when posting. Scroll down to "manage attachments" and upload your pictures. I think they have to be less than 1mb.

Jillbeans

So you did the job first without giving them a price?
Seems like you're working backwards.
The last time I did something that size was with paint (about $300 in materials) and my part of the two 10'x20' signs (repainting) was about 2400 if memory serves.
No pattern, no plotting, no projecting.
The crane truck charged them for their part in the job as well. It was 75 feet up.
I had 16 hours in it.
(cleaning, priming, and painting three colors)

I'd break yours down by materials X 3, the cutting/weeding/masking time, plus the application time at your highest hourly rate.
It's nice that they provided the lift but it still sounds like a difficult job, which you got done pretty quickly.
Love....Jill

signage

I can not figure out how people get/do jobs without knowing what they are being paid!

Or how they are awarded a job without the customer knowing what it is going to cost.

MikePro

they covered the equipment, so you really just had materials plus travel?
$2k+ range sounds about right, if it was just you and you've got little to no overhead. (i would pad that a bit more if they expect you to warranty it)

TheSnowman

and one of their workers was kind enuff to help me out. So im just billing them for one man.

I would charge mega more big bucks for someone to "help". It's always a nightmare. DO NOT let them help. Get someone you trust.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's your job, you shouldn't allow them to have a helper help you. You shouldn't even work off of their equipment. If something happened to that guy, it would be an insurance nightmare blaming everyone to get out of damages.

Anyway, for what you're asking, I would imagine $2,200 to $2,500 would be appropriate.

Also, like the others mentioned.... how do you get a job like this with out bidding on it ?? Or, did you just tell them you'd work with them price-wise if they had a helper and equipment there for you ??

Jillbeans

Ugh...I remember painting a wall at a factory once with a "helper" in the scissors lift.
She was the only female who's ever hit on me.
As if I'd date a frizzy-haired gal in a stained wife-beater that exposed her stretched-out bra which was even yellower than her teeth.
It was 8 hours of pure hell.

skyhigh

I can not figure out how people get/do jobs without knowing what they are being paid!

Or how they are awarded a job without the customer knowing what it is going to cost.

Happens to me almost every day of the week. Say what you will, but its my loyal customers that know I won't gouge them. They are faithful to me, and I am fair with them.

Why I must have fallen into a rabbit hole, into a world of madness. (Colorado and Signage are now friends) :ROFLMAO:

skyhigh

Ugh...I remember painting a wall at a factory once with a "helper" in the scissors lift.
She was the only female who's ever hit on me.
As if I'd date a frizzy-haired gal in a stained wife-beater that exposed her stretched-out bra which was even yellower than her teeth.
It was 8 hours of pure hell.

yeah yeah....admit it Jill. That made your day!!!

whats a "wife beater"?

skyhigh

Good Grief.... it's a tank top or what we used to call an 'A' shirt. New terminology these days. :rolleyes:

"A" shirt? Must be a generational thing.

I'm not as old as Gino (not nearly as old)....but older than Jill. :ROFLMAO:

gmcjunkie

I charged him $2000.. I usually charge 1200 for trailers with aprox the same size logo. "But they are not 50' to high.." long story short he didnt like the price and i wouldnt budge so he was mad. I thougt it was more than fair. He may have been expecting the same price as the trailers, he just said he wanted it done.. he didnt ask for a price and i didnt wanna throw one one because i wasnt sure what problems i would run into.. first job up high..