• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

500 decals on Clear?

rcook99

Can you print on regular laminate with a Mutoh 1204 or do they actually suggest buying a separate roll of clear printable vinyl?

Thanks,
RC

Commando

I don't use laminate. I use 3M transparent CT sheeting. I print on it all the time. I made "fatheads" for people for Christmas presents this past year. In fact, I use it for positives for our silk screen printing as well. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Marlene

+2 for labels2trade they do a great job

they come on a roll which is much easier for your customer to deal with

rcook99

Marlene,

I tried setting up a new account but the denied it. Not sure for what reason other than I used my EIN# in place of my Tax Id number. So I just resent it and we will see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

Marlene

try them again and give them a call as it is worth setting up an account. I've had them do several jobs for me and couldn't be happier

I have a 1204 and YES, you can print on laminate. I did it on a rush job for a customer a few years back, let him know what I was doing and to please let me know if they didn't work out for him. I followed up with him about 6 months later out of curiosity and he said they were working fine.

I also printed on laminate once and overlaid it on chrome vinyl, domed it and it gave it a really cool effect.

I'm not really sure because it's been a while but I believe I used Oracal 210, I do remember I had to turn my heat settings down. You might have to play around a bit.

I would let your customer know though, I think honesty is good and if they know you need feed back they're usually happy to be helpful in matters like this

shoresigns

Can you print on regular laminate with a Mutoh 1204 or do they actually suggest buying a separate roll of clear printable vinyl?

Thanks,
RC

Eco-sol printers can't just print on anything. The media usually has to be compatible, and laminates generally won't be. That said, it's still worth trying, as I have found the occasional media that isn't designed for eco-sol printing but works anyway. Mactac frosted window film, for example.