• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

545ex profile cmyk only

jason91

is it possible to print cmyk profile only with roland 545ex (its a cmyklclm machine) in versaworks... I saw on rolands website where they had cmyk only profiles for this machine. I downloaded them, but everytime I try to bring them into versaworks it states an error because that's not my printers ink configuration? Any ideas?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
If it's anything like the VS range, it won't work. You'd need to have the printer in CMYK ink mode (ie. no light inks) for those profiles to work.
I don't think Versaworks is capable of profiling the machine and only using CMYK inks when setup in 6 colour mode. Onyx on the other hand probably would be able to.

Dominick

You can change the ink configuration to be CMYK only and not use light colors. It does require you to get into service mode though to change it. Is it your intention to switch to just CMYK inks only?