• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5k budget, Looking at used printers, any recomendations?

Maxon70

As the title says, I have a 5k budget and I am looking at used printers, I have a Epson gs6000 now but its is going to cost more than I have right now to repair it, so I am looking to replace it,

I see a lot of Used Mutohs and Rolands available in this price range, I have seen a 1324x and a Sp 540v,
I think either one of those 2 would work for what I need,
I am looking for something that will be easy to work on if needed and not to hard to maintain.

What do you guys think of either one of those printers, or do you have a different recommendation for a used machine?

Thanks

strypguy

I have an SP300V and an SP540V and I love them both. I do all my own maintenance and head replacements so the cost stays lower for me as I'm not a large production shop. They are workhorses but much slower at printing then the newer models. Print/ cut accuracy is not as good on the SP540V, especially on smaller decals. John

Maxon70

Thanks for the info, I do have a Graphtec CE6000-120 I bought new last year so the cutting issue wouldn't be a problem.

Are the heads easy to replace on the Roland's?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why do you strap yourself with such a low budget ?? You're most likely gonna not get much better than what ya already have. Consider farming out for a while, until you can really afford to do your business and customers justice.

player

The SP540V I had was a workhorse, but also not as good as newer units. The 2 head 4 colour means the heads have 2 colours per head. This can result in cross contamination. For some reason every once and awhile the yellow will suck up red ink.

No matter how well I would calibrate it, banding was always visible.

Both these problems are non existent in my 4 head printer.

Maxon70

The SP540V I had was a workhorse, but also not as good as newer units. The 2 head 4 colour means the heads have 2 colours per head. This can result in cross contamination. For some reason every once and awhile the yellow will suck up red ink.

No matter how well I would calibrate it, banding was always visible.

Both these problems are non existent in my 4 head printer.

Good to know,, Thanks

Maxon70

I am busy replacing HP's with higher productive printers and one of the things I do for customers is sell their HP on eBay. I just replaced a 365 which I'm sure will go for around $5k

Thanks, Ive looked into the latex line, I think if I was going to go latex I would buy a new machine,

Maxon70

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A 1324X for $5000 is a steal if it's in working condition. It would be better than the SP540 speed and quality wise as well.

ProPDF

I did contact SW about this printer, they will not budge on price, no free shipping or anything, the total price for printer and shipping = $7,347.00
Call Rhonda towards the end of the month 27 or so and see if that changes. They never come down on a quote real fast unless looking for multiple machines. That $7k is the cheapest 54inch eco solvent printer at the moment right now.

Maxon70

I spoke with a Mutoh dealer and they said Mutoh has a few refurbished 1204s that come with a new head and a year warranty for around 5k, I might go that route rather than take my chances with a used machine..

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I spoke with a Mutoh dealer and they said Mutoh has a few refurbished 1204s that come with a new head and a year warranty for around 5k, I might go that route rather than take my chances with a used machine..

Don't do it! Unless they guarantee the head, why bother? Put a down payment on a new HP 115 ($7299)

Maxon70

Don't do it! Unless they guarantee the head, why bother? Put a down payment on a new HP 115 ($7299)

7299, + ink = 8k, If there is a option to put a down payment down and finance the rest please send me the info..

I do not want the print and cut combo just the 115 printer and I would need it soon..

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
7299, + ink = 8k, If there is a option to put a down payment down and finance the rest please send me the info..

I do not want the print and cut combo just the 115 printer and I would need it soon..

No problem. I will PM you now.

Carlos Valencia

As the title says, I have a 5k budget and I am looking at used printers, I have a Epson gs6000 now but its is going to cost more than I have right now to repair it, so I am looking to replace it,

I see a lot of Used Mutohs and Rolands available in this price range, I have seen a 1324x and a Sp 540v,
I think either one of those 2 would work for what I need,
I am looking for something that will be easy to work on if needed and not to hard to maintain.

What do you guys think of either one of those printers, or do you have a different recommendation for a used machine?

Thanks
you might consider a refurbished HP latex printer

MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator: