• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

60" Printer for $1799 ???

Greg Landers

Are they capable of producing any kind of quality? What is the difference between a $15,000 printer and something like this?

TresL

Media Types: Bond, coated and glossy papers and films, vellum, and clear and matte film for black and color; translucent bond for black-only

mondo

The problem with old Encad printer even they are refurbished or rebuilt is the heads. The print quality is real good but when you get a clogged head you ahve to suck it out to clear it. The worst thing is if your doing long print and halfway to your print the heads clog... that's a headache. just my 02. I dont know about the newer Kodak/Encad but they say they have automatic cleaning not like them old one. And you cant print thicker than 3mil. cuz of the pinch roller. Media like canvas or ppolyethylene banner would not advance good while printing. Like if you're prinintg 36" long you'll get 35.5 or 35". BUt you can print on small photopaper rather than using a roll unlike HP. Again just my 02.

KARYN BUSH

Are they capable of producing any kind of quality? What is the difference between a $15,000 printer and something like this?

about $13200.00....ya get what you pay for. personally i wouldn't waste my money or time on it.
the new machines are so much better and waranteed. nothing worse than trying to make antiquated eqpmt work in a busy environment. but that's just me.

Urban Image

I'm familiar with Iprint. They make knockoffs of different brands. They've been around for quite a while. You will get the same print quality and similar print speed when compared to a real Encad but it isn't the most reliable piece of equipment. Don't expect any level of support from Iprint when it goes down but it will use the same parts as the Encad so you can buy whatever parts are available from Kodak.

My final word is that it's most likely a money pit. Go for a Canon if you want to keep it cheap and not screw yourself over.

GK

i buy 2 things from China, grommets and squeegees (for RTA graphics to hand out to customers) no moving parts =). This looks like one of those you get what pay for.

Techman

nd you cant print thicker than 3mil. cuz of the pinch roller

Mistaken.. Banner material is much thicker.

canvas or ppolyethylene banner would not advance good while printing

Mistaken. There is/was an entire industry printing on these materials. In fact I printed on this myself..