• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6'x12' Trailer Wrap Price

sdnj

I just want to get a feel for what others would charge for wrapping a 6'x12' Haulmark trailer, flat front, not V nose.

We are planning on using ORAJET 3651RA and then liquid laminate after installed - I welcome opinions on this combo as well. I will be doing the graphical layout.

If more info is needed to calculate your estimates, please let me know.

I look forward to your responses.

Z SIGNS

For Haulmark trailers we charge by the pound of vinyl used.

For this job a 6x12 would be $100. an oz x 22 oz needed =$2,200

phototec

For Haulmark trailers we charge by the pound of vinyl used.

For this job a 6x12 would be $100. an oz x 22 oz needed =$2,200

That's neat, now I have a NEW tool for estimating, just have to get a scale and I will be set.

I'll try it out on my next 45' trailer project, because I always figure my design cost separate (10% of the job), it will make it easy to come up with a price.

:ROFLMAO:

sdnj

Just out of curiosity....why would you use this method?

Common sense would tell me to use a proper wrapping cast vinyl and cast (pressure sensitive) laminate unless I'm missing something here.

Liquid lam because we do not have a laminator. Will I be ok?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Liquid lam because we do not have a laminator. Will I be ok?

Yes, you'll be just fine. Is it the way most shops doing this full time would do ?? Nope, not at all, but then... we all have to start somewhere. :wink:

sdnj

Yes, you'll be just fine. Is it the way most shops doing this full time would do ?? Nope, not at all, but then... we all have to start somewhere. :wink:

Thank you. I have decided we will liquid laminate the printing while it is on our shop table rather than after it is installed on trailer so that there is no dripping...

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is nothing wrong with liquid lam, the problem I see is in your choice of vinyl. 3651 really just isn't meant for wrapping trailers.

You should look in to Orafol 3551RA, ARLON 4600lx, or even 3M IJ40C at minimum if you are trying to save money.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What size panels do you intend to make ??

With the liquid lam, you can either spray it on or roller it on. However, I've never heard of anyone doing it after the vinyl was on the vehicle. That's not only sounds dangerous, but rather unprofessional in the department of not taking care of someone else's property while it's in your care.

phototec

Not having a laminator should not prevent you from applying sheet laminate, you can use the Big Squeegee to apply laminate much easier than applying a liquid.

Here are two videos from two of our Sign101 members (Tim & Doug) using the Big Squeegee for laminating digital prints.

[video=youtube;jfKd_SlnI20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKd_SlnI20[/video]

[video=youtube;6RtNWHe9ojg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtNWHe9ojg[/video]

Also, I would suggest using Orajet 3651 and Oraguard 215 laminate for your trailer project.

:thumb:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Liquid Laminate is not what you want to laminate wraps with.
It is ok if you're unable to laminate and you have some simple decals to do.
I would locate another local company who will laminate your prints at a wholesale rate until you are able to purchase a laminator yourself.
Also, use cast wrap films for wrapping.

phototec

Not having a laminator should not prevent you from applying sheet laminate, you can use the Big Squeegee to apply laminate much easier than applying a liquid.

Here are two videos from two of our Sign101 members (Tim & Doug) using the Big Squeegee for laminating digital prints.

Also, I would suggest using Orajet 3651 and Oraguard 215 laminate for your trailer project.

:thumb:

Oops, that was a typo, NOT 3651, I meant Orajet 3551 for the trailer!

http://www.orafol.com/gp/americas/en/products/all-products-product-details/items/orajet-3551

:doh:

phototec

LOL, Blame Orafol for their stupid naming conventions and all their products being so close in names. 1 digit makes a huge difference.

Yea, that and I can't type worth a darn.

Thanks for catching the TYPO...... I hate to give someone the wrong info.....:thumb:

sdnj

Thank you all for your responses and opinions.

I have decided to pass on the job and refer them to a company better equipped.

player

You could buy the print from a wholesaler and install it. You would mark up the print and charge a healthy fee for the install. You have to start somewhere.