• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

70/30 or 60/40 Laminated Perf

Branded Signs

Hey everyone...Sorry if too lengthy...

One of my national accounts, believe it or not, was using non-laminated perforated vinyl for their entry areas, and have been doing so for years. I was purchasing online through B2 - and everything was going pretty well. Lately, the B2 quality hasn't been what it was for the first year or so we were using them. Seems like we were getting tons of banding, white flakes on the black area (not the perf punch outs, but missing print spots) and sizes coming in wrong.

I understand you get what you pay for and some of this is to be expected...but what this caused is the customer to look for an alternative, and I explained that these prints should have been laminated this entire time for longevity, ease of install, etc.

Here is my dilemma...I need to find a good, solid, wholesale vendor that I can use for either 60/40 or 70/30 perf with optically clear laminate. All of these orders come in fraction of sizes (ie 34.5 x 84.65) etc. and I really prefer being able to place an order online without having to email files, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations? I like Signs365, but 50/50 isn't going to work and I'm trying to get down to around $2.80 a square foot. 4Over offers the product at $2.77 per square, but you can only order it in whole number sizes and it ships direct to the client, so I can't trim down.

Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you in a situation where you can afford a printer and do it yourself? $2.77 per square laminated with optically clear lam is about what I would expect from a wholesaler. Perf is one of the more expensive vinyls and optically clear lam is even more expensive. I can't see getting your cost much further below $2.77 without you becoming the manufacturer. Obviously that entails a large upfront cost but if you are going for the long haul on this career, it may be time to dive in. You already have the design skills and that is honestly half the battle. The other half is learning how to make great quality prints while keeping the cost down and one of the best ways to do that is to do it yourself.

Branded Signs

Thanks for the reply! I'm perfectly happy paying the $2.77 per sf...Just would seeing if there is a user friendly ordering experience similar to what Signs365 has...Would love to use them but the first kicker was they only have 50/50 perf.

And unfortunately, printing myself isn't really an option.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey everyone...Sorry if too lengthy...

One of my national accounts, believe it or not, was using non-laminated perforated vinyl for their entry areas, and have been doing so for years. I was purchasing online through B2 - and everything was going pretty well. Lately, the B2 quality hasn't been what it was for the first year or so we were using them. Seems like we were getting tons of banding, white flakes on the black area (not the perf punch outs, but missing print spots) and sizes coming in wrong.

I understand you get what you pay for and some of this is to be expected...but what this caused is the customer to look for an alternative, and I explained that these prints should have been laminated this entire time for longevity, ease of install, etc.

Here is my dilemma...I need to find a good, solid, wholesale vendor that I can use for either 60/40 or 70/30 perf with optically clear laminate. All of these orders come in fraction of sizes (ie 34.5 x 84.65) etc. and I really prefer being able to place an order online without having to email files, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations? I like Signs365, but 50/50 isn't going to work and I'm trying to get down to around $2.80 a square foot. 4Over offers the product at $2.77 per square, but you can only order it in whole number sizes and it ships direct to the client, so I can't trim down.

Thanks in advance!

You should be offering THIS to your window perf accounts, want to stand out? Want to offer something that others don't? Want to show the most eye-grabbing material the industry has to offer? Let me know if you need a wholesale account to offer this to you and I will put you in touch with one of our clients.

Branded Signs

You should be offering THIS to your window perf accounts, want to stand out? Want to offer something that others don't? Want to show the most eye-grabbing material the industry has to offer? Let me know if you need a wholesale account to offer this to you and I will put you in touch with one of our clients.

Beautiful product, and will keep in mind for other folks, but this company is just black, red and white...and has a pretty conservative look to say the least...

ams

I wouldn't make perf at perfect fractions. You need to leave a 1/8" border around it. If the perf sticks to the rubber molding it's going to fail. Molding is never perfect and I've seen it off as much as 3/8".
Molding is also crooked so you can't judge the measurement from one area.