• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8.6 V2 install disk Lost ! Help.

American & Proud

I don't know how on earth I managed to do it, but I lost my FlexiSign Pro 8.6 V2 install disk.

I have Everything else here, in the original box it came in, the paper with the long key/password info, the Print and the Font disks, my Dongle, but No install disk.

My XP PC took a dump, a new power supply did nothing, my son thinks the motherboard went bad.

I wasnt doing much sign wise for awhile having had more surgery and after some rehab I went out and bought a new Win 7 64 bit PC, and started to load up all my sign stuff and hooking up my Graphtec cutter then opened the cabinet I kept my software in and opened the Flexi box and realized the install disk is missing.

Seeing a 51 year old man nearly in tears as he searches every inch of his 14X16 office/working space is not a pretty site.

I have gone through everything here twice and some areas 3 times and still can't find that disk and just want to beat my head against the walls here.

Sounds like my only option from SAi is buy it Again. I just can't afford to buy it again.

I bought it with my cutter from Beacon Graphics when they were running a Special, I paid $3,495.00 and Donna at Beacon had let me make Lay A Way type payments to even get it even tho she said they don't normally do that type of thing.

2f009f36.jpg

79f1aa5a.jpg

Rack-Full-Coro-WEB.jpg

I have bought everything to get this off the ground 100% Legit and Legal. All my graphics are from bought disks/sets/collections same with all my Fonts.

I bought most of my Fonts from Signfonts.com. (I'm trying to access the old XP hardrives to get them back. I saved a copy to the second hardrive on the XP machine as with all my other sign shop stuff so in case one harddrive failed i'd have everything backed up.

As I said, I Have my Dongle, and the paper with the password keys info on it but somehow I lost the install disk, I NEVER do those illegal download sites, torrent sites, whatever they are called, I just Don't do it for Anything.

I recently updated my Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 to CS5 and even got the Photoshop CS5 Extended so I could play with a little bit of 3D.

(Had to upgrade before CS6 came out so I was not 3 versions behind and could still buy just the upgrade and not have to buy both Full versions at full price.)

In April, after 2 years of Saving, I bought myself the Wacom Cintiq 21UX, gotta start putting it to use.

7dbf649f.jpg

I subscribe to SignCraft Magazine and use the sign pricing guide for just about everything I do. I am Not some craigslister undercutting the industry.
(I also Hate those types.)

Is there any way I can get just the Flexi 8.6 V2 install disk? Can anyone help me out, Please.

After 4 surgeries on this darn arm of mine I really need to get back into the swing of things .

Thank you very much for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Techman

your flexi disk is in one of your other dvd drives. Or it went out if you changed your dvd drive

ProWraps

you buy the license not the disc.

call sai on monday. they should be able to look up your serial. it wouldnt suprise me if they send you a link to d/l the proggy.

i wouldnt fret too much over it.

American & Proud

your flexi disk is in one of your other dvd drives. Or it went out if you changed your dvd drive

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, I did the paper clip thing to open all my former PC's drives, and the only disk I found was my Flexi Training DVD that I bought from a vendor here. (Glad I found that disk, it's now back in it's DVD case were it belongs.)

I am soooo upset with myself, I can't believe I did not put that disk right back in the original Flexi box with everything else that came with it. :banghead:

My wife says to relax, you'll find it, you put it someplace you thought was Safe, you just forgot were that is at the moment. The last 3 days searching has me so stressed out right now.

I have a Auto Mechanics Shop that wants alot of vinyl graphics for a front glass door, a front window, 2 back steel doors, and 2 big overhead garage doors, and a few banners and car graphics up high on the walls in the shop area. He has done work on my cars my wifes car and our kids cars, talking to him picking one up he mentioned getting a new glass being put in the front door with a mail/key drop off slot in the glass and that he needed to find another sign shop as the guy he originally used had closed his doors.

I mentioned I can cut vinyl and do banners, and get any type printing done he needed. This guy says, do whatever YOU want he's a oh pick whatever colors you think is best kinda guy, says to me, I don't have an eye for that, do whatever you want, i'm not picky, just want my customers to know what doors are my shop and want the shop to have some classic cars up high around the shop area.

I already have the Classic Car Clipart CD with 63 cars and trucks (48 ready to cut files) so I have that easily covered.

Front door now just has white with some red vinyl with the name of the shop, phone number, and a shock, a ratchet wrench and air impact gun in the design, nothing real fancy or hard to do.

The shop owner is one of those layed back guys, just a do whatever you feel looks good and heres were I want things, like all doors and front window.

After that it's whatever I want to do. I took pictures of everything, and measured up areas to be done, asked him his Budget and he's pretty much open to whatever it takes to do it.

Thats why I started getting all my stuff on the Win 7 PC, a Job at hand!

When he opened several years ago, he told the last sign guy that did his front door and front window the same thing, just do something, you know more about it than me, I fix cars, not design signs.

So now I am going crazy trying to FIND that install disk so I can get to work on this. ASAP.

Thanks

American & Proud

you buy the license not the disc.

call sai on monday. they should be able to look up your serial. it wouldnt suprise me if they send you a link to d/l the proggy.

i wouldnt fret too much over it.

Really? I thought I found a post here about the same issue and the guy was sh*t out of luck through them.

I thought I read they said you gotta buy the newest version at no discount all over again.

I'll try contacting them in the morning.

Thanks

FrankW

You can download the 8.6v2-Install from my websites FTP-Server:

http://www.flexisign.ch/downloads/Flexi8.6v2_PhotoPRINT6.1v2_Win.zip (481.9MB)

You can burn that on a CD to archive it. Unzip and double-click the setup-icon and use your dongle and licence-no.

Really? I thought I found a post here about the same issue and the guy was sh*t out of luck through them.

I thought I read they said you gotta buy the newest version at no discount all over again.

You should have to buy the newest version at no discount when you lost your dongle, because the dongle and nothing else as the dongle is the proof of llcence.

American & Proud

You can download the 8.6v2-Install from my websites FTP-Server:

http://www.flexisign.ch/downloads/Flexi8.6v2_PhotoPRINT6.1v2_Win.zip (481.9MB)

You can burn that on a CD to archive it. Unzip and double-click the setup-icon and use your dongle and licence-no.

You should have to buy the newest version at no discount when you lost your dongle, because the dongle and nothing else as the dongle is the proof of llcence.

Frank, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I am downloading it now.

I have Everything but that darn disk, I just can't believe I was so Stupid leaving it out someplace here.
My only thought is I knocked it into the garbage can under my desk somehow, back when I originally bought it and just did not notice it.

I have tore the whole place apart sifting through 3 file cabinets one piece of paper at a time moving cabinets in case it fell behind or under, just vanished on me.

I will keep looking but this will allow me to do this unexpected job that popped up.

Maybe I can even get some sleep tonight here now, last 3 days since I realized my disk was gone and the search was on I have been tossing and turning all night just thinking Where in the world my disk could be hiding.

Thank you so much, I really Appreciate the help on this.:thankyou:

FrankW

I have answered the PN. It is an universal FlexiFamily installer (as it is on the genuine DVD too), what product will be installed depends on the password used.

American & Proud

Thanks for the help Frank, but I can't get that to install, I just get that error message. Saying CD burned incorrectly, support for long file names not enabled.

And it won't go beyond that.

Appreciate the help though.

Can anyone else lend a hand and help?

Thanks

FrankW

I have downloaded this installation myself and it works fine. It's an older file some of my clients have used too until now, the file is generated in 2009.

The only wrong thing I told you is that you have to click the setup-icon, correctly you need to click the Autorun-Button in the main-folder. Perhaps some security-settings disturb the installation process.

Do you try to install it out of the folder? Or have you burn the installation on a CD and then try to install? Try to install it out of the folder.

American & Proud

Thanks again for trying, it just won't even start installing, the error pops up immediately.

Maybe a compatability issue ? Running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Dang I thought I was gonna be working today but it just wont install.

I did try from the files on the computer I used Extract All to open the zipped folder.

Back to tearing the place apart looking for my install disk.

If anyone else has any ideas Please share them.

Thanks

FrankW

Flexi 8.6 is working with Windows 7.

I offer this files since years for my customers to download, and I never had this kind of problems.

If you have problems with my files, it could be that you have problems with a download SAi offers to you too.

Conor Knoxx

it was my understanding that Flexi 8.2 will not work with Windows 7 / 64 bit.

Which is why I've been dragging my heels / putting off - upgrading my computer. Am I wrong?

EDIT: oh, I am wrong! guess I can't read, lol - this is for 8.6 so you're all good.

you could have a bad download (delete it and re download it )
or you might be doing something wrong with the unzip / extraction.
It sounds like it definitely should work though.

Steph_Stamm

I realize this was already said, but I just want to clarify if there are still lingering doubts / questions. SAi considers the dongle / key as the license, so losing this piece is like losing the software. Losing the disk, packaging, password or anything else is easily replaceable (as far back as version 8). For Flexi version 8 and newer, our technical support team can send a download link or any other info. You can reach them directly at esupport@saintl.biz or 1800.229.9044.

American & Proud

I emailed SA International. They sent me a download link.

But it gives me the same -
ERROR: CD Burned incorrectly. Support for long filenames not enabled. (I havent burned it to a CD or DVD.)

Also when I was unzipping the files by "Extract All", McAfee went off and said it removed a Trojan - Artemis!D92BAF44DOOE. Quarentined it someplace.

So can I get a replacement physical install disk?

Because these download links just arent working for me, this is a brand new PC win 7 Home Premium 64 bit with 8gb of ram and I upgraded the video card to a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX550Ti, 2048MB GDDR5.

Thanks, I appreciate all the help.