• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

86:01 On Boot

Dan360

Had a head crash recently and now our 360 won't even boot up. It gets to the initializing screen and at 30% the carriage wiggles side to side about an inch and kicks out an error 86:01. I cleaned the encoder strip and sensor which got rid of the errors, cleaned and lubed rails just in case. I was able to run a job and when I went to do a sheet cut, it cut about 4 inches and then errored out again. Now I'm back to square 1.

I'm gonna have to try cleaning the sensor again in the morning, maybe I didn't clean it well enough. I really don't wanna have to take the whole carriage out to see what's going on. Has anyone experienced this before? Or any ideas on what's causing it apart from the encoder strip or sensor?

My theory is that the carriage can't tell where it is and that is why it wiggles a bit before it errors out, but I may be wrong. I don't believe that it's the scan axis motor since it ran that job just fine.

Gabil

Gary
Go to Menu->Image Quality Plot->Scan Axis Check. If there any defects in the encoder strip, it will be shown on the pattern. Also make sure you clean the encoder with regular water and lint free cloth. Something telling me you have to replace the encoder strip. If you are on NY or tristate area send ne PM.

Dan360

The only thing I could get to was the diagnostic menu.

I ended up replacing the encoder strip and sensor. Looks like it did the trick, I'm pretty sure it was the sensor not the strip though.

Dan360

Yea they came together so I just did them both, figured might as well since I had to buy them as a package.