• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

90-minute massage is booked for Tuesday...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
480 holes drilled, 480 anchors hammered in, 480 screws driven to install 240 back plates in place with exactly 3" separation, 240 face plates tape-mounted to the back plates. Finished at 1am Friday night.

:Sleeping:

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 223

Z SIGNS

ok that's 1920 pieces you had to handle at least once.
We are doing a similar now only we are mounting the placards to a cnc drilled substrate.
I pity the person who has to paint that wall when the time comes.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Here's the kicker (and a definite learning lesson):

I started by installing the bottom row first. Prior to starting, I pulled a few signs out of their packaging to measure the width. All three signs measured right at 5-5/16" or 5-21/64". So I did all of my math based on 5-5/16" (see where this is going?).

Long story short, I got to the 39th sign on the bottom row and realized something was off. I held my 3" spacer up, placed the 40th sign up on the wall by hand and sure enough, it was right about 2" past where it should have ended.

:covereyes:

I go back and start measuring the signs and some are dead on 5-5/16". Some are 5-11/32". Some are a full 5-3/8". So I don't know why there were the differences in width (router issue? hand-sanded/finished?), but those differences over the span of 40 signs, culminated in the row being a bit shy of 2" too long. I already knew the answer, but explained to my customer and as suspected, I had to redo the bottom row.

There were multiple other issues that made the job more difficult and added entirely too much time to the process, but I'll save you the whining.