• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A bit odd

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've ordered a LOT of rolls of vinyl and seen some weird things, but I got two different rolls in yesterday/today that got me worried. These are supposedly brand new rolls of 3M vinyl. They came in from the cowboy, fwiw.
One is a fresh roll of 4 that has a "hand-cut" leading edge. EVERY roll I can recall always has a nice machine cut straight front edge, and this one is a big old swoop. The other roll is a 36" roll that clearly lived a past life as a wider roll, they even left the tape on it from the slitter and didn't do the best job slitting it. (We have a slitter here, so it is easy to tell)

Not that there is anything wrong enough to merit a complaint on either roll; they should both still print fine, but I just found it odd that we got two oddball rolls together. Anyone else notice anything screwy recently?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We use a lot of 3M media. In my experience, it's not that unusual to see less than straight cuts on the leading edge of rolls.
As far as using the slit roll, as long as the slitting process didn't leave a lot of "string" on the edge, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Don't think I've ever seen print media slit down, though- that's definitely a head-scratcher.