• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A couple of signs finished this past week

SignManiac

Made two new Chamber of Commerce signs and installed over the weekend. One for their side wall and the other front and center.
The Homuths signs are done but they are picking them up today and doing the install themselves. I hope to get a few photos once they're installed with the post and finials that will complete them.

Attachments

• Homuth-01 painting.jpg
    Homuth-01 painting.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Homuth-02 painted.jpg
    Homuth-02 painted.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Chamber-01.jpg
    Chamber-01.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Chamber-02.jpg
    Chamber-02.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 112

TimToad

Sweet..... looks great.

What are you using software wise to create your convex or prismatic lettering?

For all the filters and plugins Illustrator and Corel throw at you, its tough finding a good vector based shortcut for doing a freakin' convex letter.

SignManiac

The prismatic lettering is done with ProfileLab on the router table but I think we're going to shift over to Aspire 3D. I have both but my router guy says some thing are simpler to do with ProfileLab and other things are easier with Aspire. So I'll may just keep using both.

SignManiac

Nice stuff.

Thanks for the eye candy

PVC and Matthews ?

I'm sorry Z... I didn't see your question before now. Yes to PVC and Matthews paint. Here are a few more that I did last week. The Sisters sign is a modern day remake of my original sandblasted redwood sign from fifteen years ago. It's all PVC and Matthew's except the capping with is aluminum. The Benedictine Hall sign is a temporary sign meant to last about five years (LMAO) at that one. It's a polymetal face, vinyl lettering and some more aluminum for the capping.

The Silver Oaks sign is a retrofit. Somebody made the original monument sign but the face was aluminum and glue on. It started peeling off. I remade it so it won't fall apart. Here's the before and after.

And last is a simple carved wall sign for an accounting firm.

Attachments

• Benedictine New-01.jpg
    Benedictine New-01.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Benedictine New-02.jpg
    Benedictine New-02.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Benedictine Hall.jpg
    Benedictine Hall.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 107
  • Silver Oaks Before.jpg
    Silver Oaks Before.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Silver Oaks Refinish-01.jpg
    Silver Oaks Refinish-01.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Fong & Associates.jpg
    Fong & Associates.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 87

SignManiac

Thanks Gino. It doesn't take long for a page to get buried here with all the font requests and printer issues :) I haven't had any serious work to do in a while. This is all just the meat and potatoes work. I did get to make a cool pair of scissors 54" long for the local Chamber of Commerce. I forgot to take a picture of them but will get a photo this week.

Z SIGNS

Nice ! Your work is awesome !

I never worry about the gozillion shops that are always opening and closing in my area but I would definitely worry if you moved into my hood.

Keep up the good work and please don't relocate near me.