• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few recent jobs

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here is a regular customer of mine. Normally they do their ambulances in Metallic Blue & Silver; but an employee lost the battle against breast cancer - so they decided to dedicate an ambulance in her memory. They liked the look so much that they changed another one to a similar motif. The rear chevrons are printed 3M IJ680CR to match the striping.

Never striped an ambulance PINK before! (But I think it actually looks pretty nice!)

Attachments

• ambulances2.jpg
    ambulances2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 110
  • chevrons.jpg
    chevrons.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 73
  • pinkamb1.jpg
    pinkamb1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 90
  • pinkchevrons.jpg
    pinkchevrons.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 76

jfiscus

Rap Master
Union Ambulances

Two local cities near me both go by a similar name; keeping track of emails & notes from all the sales-people is kind of frustrating when the projects hit around the same time.

Everything is 3M Reflective, most is just cut vinyl but some is Edge printed.
We used Reflexite 6" Striping for the Chevrons & I LOVE the material versus the 3M Diamond Grade we used before.

Attachments

• unionKY.jpg
    unionKY.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 78
  • uniontwp1.jpg
    uniontwp1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 66
  • uniontwp2.jpg
    uniontwp2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 90

jfiscus

Rap Master
"Chicago Style"

I love my hotdogs "Chicago Style" from Sonic, but I also like ambulances "Chicago Style". Here is a recent one that we did in that style. The top was painted black from the factory; the middle black stripe is 3M Black Reflective. Again, we used Reflexite for the chevron striping.

Attachments

• Nolmsted.jpg
    Nolmsted.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Nolmsted2.jpg
    Nolmsted2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 80
  • nolm3.jpg
    nolm3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 73
  • nolm4.jpg
    nolm4.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 90

jfiscus

Rap Master
Taekwondo Graphics

This customer saw a stars & stripes layout I did for another local business & liked it so much he wanted to copy it. After some re-thinking, he changed it into something else that was more his "style". (his image incorporates a lot of lightening bolts & "pow" shapes)

At first he wanted a wrap, then said it was too expensive; so he wanted metallic vinyls... With all of the different color metallic vinyls & the PITA of the installation - it was almost as expensive as a wrap! It is "different" though.

Attachments

• domTKD.jpg
    domTKD.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101

jfiscus

Rap Master
Diamond Dots

This truck is not a new truck, just a customer who wanted to improve their visibility and safety. We used a product called Diamond Dots (available from Firehouse Decals). The product comes in strips of the dots that are supposedly correctly spaced for diamond plate; but from my experience, the spacing is what I would call "ok" but at least the laminate overlayment/mask is pliable enough to correct the spacing. Another issue I ran into on this truck is that the back is made up of MANY different panels of plate & the diamonds do not line up from panel to panel...

Attachments

• Diamond-BEFORE.jpg
    Diamond-BEFORE.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Diamond-AFTER.jpg
    Diamond-AFTER.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Diamond-NIGHT.jpg
    Diamond-NIGHT.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DIAMOND-DOTS.jpg
    DIAMOND-DOTS.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 93

jfiscus

Rap Master
good job the signs look sweet on the vehicles how long does it normally take to wrap these vehicles?

On a firetruck or ambulance it takes longer than I would like it to... Around 12-16 hours on average? But, every door is a different piece of striping, as the striping wraps all the way into the door gaps, then trimming, etc. There are also safety graphics on the inside of the cabinet doors for when they are opened. Chevrons add an additional 6 hours if the lights, etc are removed; which takes about 1.5 hours itself.