• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A lesson in logo design...

thesignexpert

This is NOT my design but I did think it was a brilliant example of the art. So simple, so clean and works in multiple layers. Can you spot all the ways this is being clever? I saw three. This is for "Jacob's Creek" a winery in Australia.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6ftpWt1.jpg
    6ftpWt1.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 151

Marlene

I like it too as it is simple and clean. I only see the creek but then, I am having a hell of a migraine today ;)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can be re-produced in virtually any medium/media
Language is no concern
Picture is instantly recognized
To a degree, it is unique
Nothing distracting is involved
Most of all, it's appropriate

neato

I'll point out what might be obvious to some, and not so much to most.

Creek
Leaves
Wineglass

Very cool logo.

Jwalk

I didn't see the wine glass but I saw the other two. True beauty is in the simplicity its not easy, hell while Im at it its not that easy to do complicated stuff either.:banghead:

2B

to add another element,

I see 2 mountain ranges / ridge lines with a creek running between them

very clean, very appropriate, very professional with no limit of usage. Ranging from embroidery to bottle labels to business cards

SeaWriter

Most likely not a corkscrew as 99% of Aussie wines are screw caps and have been for many years after the worldwide shortage of quality cork any years ago. Besides how many times have you been caught without a corkscrew?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks very nice.
With an undefined baseline, if I read it upside down (easy to do on a bottle cap) it looks like the digestive tract of a middle aged fat guy or a headless dragon about to take off (my 9yr old self)........

wayne k
guam usa

Suz

Wayne, loved that! I communicate best with 9 year olds. I like the simple life.

Looks very nice.
With an undefined baseline, if I read it upside down (easy to do on a bottle cap) it looks like the digestive tract of a middle aged fat guy or a headless dragon about to take off (my 9yr old self)........

wayne k
guam usa