• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little help request

Keebler

I am stumped and i hate to admit it.

Roland xc540 making stickers... yea dreaded stickers. Ora 3651 Contour cut is perfect, perf cut wont cut through the backer to save my life. Have adjusted the blade ( brand new 60degree blade) adjusted settings in versaworks and i am pegged out at 300grams of force on the perf cut. Any suggestions? Or just keep trying blade depth until cut is where desired?

AKwrapguy

I am stumped and i hate to admit it.

Roland xc540 making stickers... yea dreaded stickers. Ora 3651 Contour cut is perfect, perf cut wont cut through the backer to save my life. Have adjusted the blade ( brand new 60degree blade) adjusted settings in versaworks and i am pegged out at 300grams of force on the perf cut. Any suggestions? Or just keep trying blade depth until cut is where desired?

Why would you cut through the backing? Would this not destroy the cut strip as well as cause you go go through a lot of blades?

equippaint

Set your blade about 2 credit cards thick and try it, 1 is a good rule for just contour cutting. If that doesnt work, make a contour cut on top of your perf cut line. We always had to double cut, contour and then perf on the same line to get it to work. Its a cool feature in theory but a real PITA to get it to work right and consistently.
If you have a lot to do, just go and buy a handful of china blades and a couple cutting strips. Chuck the blade every other sheet and change the strip as soon as it stops cutting through in spots. You could spend an eternity trying to dial it in so perfectly just to save a $10 cutting strip.

ams

I don't recommend cutting the backing. You will be changing the cutting strip weekly. Not worth it. There is equipment out there made to fully cut out stickers. Faster and cheaper.

sidcon

I don't recommend cutting the backing. You will be changing the cutting strip weekly. Not worth it. There is equipment out there made to fully cut out stickers. Faster and cheaper.

Do you recommend any particular machine for this. We are upgrading in about a month. thank you

If it won't cut through for the first time have it cut on the second one. If you don't have multiple pass option you can always offset the cut line by a half of a hairline. There are really expensive flatbed cutters out there but not sure it's worth it unless you want to do some low volume personalized packaging stuff, but yet again you need a flatbed UV printer to do cardboard printing. If you do a lot of die-cut decals something like this may be work for you: https://accucut.com/products/grandemark-2-die-cutting-machine