• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A machine that can do chrome like Edge FX

JLevesque

is the Summa DC series still in production? Im looking at getting a Gerber but id love the ability to print larger

bigben

is the Summa DC series still in production? Im looking at getting a Gerber but id love the ability to print larger

Don't print larger than 4in with the DC or you will have banding. I was about to pull the trigger on one and the rep/tech never been able to avoid the banding. I was ready to buy an gerber FX but found a great deal with an gerber EDGE II & envision 375

aparat

Don't print larger than 4in with the DC or you will have banding. I was about to pull the trigger on one and the rep/tech never been able to avoid the banding. I was ready to buy an gerber FX but found a great deal with an gerber EDGE II & envision 375

Not true. Maybe bad tech. Set up correctly there is no banding. But you have to use a very good vinyl. We use mactac 9800 series with no problems!

bigben

Not true. Maybe bad tech. Set up correctly there is no banding. But you have to use a very good vinyl. We use mactac 9800 series with no problems!

I've talked with 3 DC4 owner before buying the printer and all of them told me it was a problem. Bad tech? Here in Canada, there is only one dealer that can sell the DC series. So I don't have much option. It would be a great thing to print over the 11.8in.

Joe House

From what I've heard (and it's been a while) it's not too difficult to calibrate the printer to do well on solid spot colors, but then your image files will have banding, or you can calibrate for image files and your spot colors will have banding. The difficulty comes in trying to get both artwork types to print well. This may have been improved upon since I got my info.