• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A new guy from NorCal, expanding a fabrication business

FireFab

Hello from the good part of CA, hopefully soon be in a free state... Anyways back on track.

I am a small fabrication company that does metal work, signage and general welding and fabrication. I run a 4'x9' CNC plasma table that I also can convert to router and mill, along with my manual milling ability, I can plasma cut up to 1" plate. I use a lot of mild steel, stainless, aluminum, MDF and Lexan. I have had a few jobs that I needed vinyl lettering for signage and had to use a local sign shop, so I have been in the market for a vinyl cutter. As I started exploring options I realized I would like to expand my business into printing. Well I went to SGIA in Vegas and it was an overload on options. I had the intentions of a small cutter, heat press and interest in printing, but not sure what would work for my needs.

I am now the proud owner of a 54" Graphtec 8600 and HP Latex 360! So much for easing into expanding my business. :ROFLMAO: I am using Flexi, since I will be adding Enroute to my CNC and CAM. My goal is to take my workflow from design in Illustrator/CAD to print, cut and CNC plasma or CNC router. I am not 100% up to that point yet. Still running CNC on existing CAM since I don't have the to change everything over quite yet! So I am here to learn and hopefully contribute and help share any of my knowledge.

One of my projects I came here to learn about is building my own flatbed laminator. Very similar to my CNC table, minus the electronics. Design is complete, parts are ordered and I will post about the construction of it, once it starts.

gnemmas

I am with you about Free State, just don't know what state? Mexican state? I've seen more protestors raising Mexican flags now.

printhog

Welcome - want to see how that table comes out - i may have you build a specialty one for a product im working on.

Pippin Decals

heres my table i made for doing layers etc for my vinyl work.My next one will be much larger ,but this thing works freaking awesome..layering couldnt be easier using this table i made from scratch.
watch