• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A very sweet story and kind of a font ID request

Andy D

This real old guy comes in, maybe 85 or 90, barley gets around, took 5 minutes to get from his truck to the front counter & I had to yell so he would hear me.
He wanted to have his wife’s favorite sign redone for her.

I know it's kind of silly, but I want to get it as close to the same as possible, I have all the fonts, except the last word "Favorite", it's not the same as "Love Story"... All I have is the top of the "F"
Any guesses on the script?

upload_2021-3-3_9-28-58.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seeing how it was either masked or pounced.... then handpainted, back in the early days of computers alotta people would use the computer fonts for most and use an off-the-brush script for a very personalized sign. That last line just might be all handpainted. You'd need a little more to go on or a closer look at the faded section. Perhaps it would be ever-so-slightly embossed from the paint. I doubt a photo will bring that out enough.

Odd, how that faded but nothing else. Almost like on purpose.

Andy D

Seeing how it was either masked or pounced.... then handpainted, back in the early days of computers alotta people would use the computer fonts for most and use an off-the-brush script for a very personalized sign. That last line just might be all handpainted. You'd need a little more to go on or a closer look at the faded section. Perhaps it would be ever-so-slightly embossed from the paint. I doubt a photo will bring that out enough.

Odd, how that faded but nothing else. Almost like on purpose.
Actually I think it was a mass produced faux painted sign, the wood was press wood that his wife had outside...
I'm making sure she can put it anywhere she likes and it will last for years.