• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accurip and halftones

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
One of the shops I do work for is going to get an epson 1430 black maxx (?) with accurip. I will be the one training everyone, so I have a few questions and nothing I read so far is any clear on this so bear with me ...

Is the RIP going to convert greyscale to half tone automatically?
and If not, is there going to be a prefered way to do halftone in illustrator to make it fully compatible?

mopar691

Yes, any spot color set up with a opacity will print in tones. It is super easy to use and very good once you get your ink density set up.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
So basically, I can design in greyscale and it actually does all the work for me for the halftones? Seriously?! You're ******** me right?

This is actually the first time in a few years I'm jazzed up about halftone work!

So basically, I can design in greyscale and it actually does all the work for me for the halftones? Seriously?! You're ******** me right?

This is actually the first time in a few years I'm jazzed up about halftone work!

Yep. It does everything for you. It takes about 15 seconds from the time you click 'print' to convert it and begin printing. It actually only takes around a second or two for the actual rip. It's pretty awesome. It does it's thing and you don't even know it's there.

You will have to open AccuRip on occasion to adjust your lpi if you are using different mesh counts from one job to another, but that's about the only time you will have to do anything within the program itself.

mopar691

Design in colors, just make sure to set all colors to spot colors otherwise it will separate them into CMYK