• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Achieving good blow through on Flag

bofferdahl

We print to Kaspapir 105 and transfer to flag material and are trying to achieve good blow through of color so the front and back of the flag have a matching color. The issue we have is we get great color on the front, but only about 70 to 80% of the color on the back. We have clients asking for a better match, but we have not been able to achieve it. We have upped the ink limits in Caldera which helped a little, but not to the levels we want to achieve.

We run flag at 200 degrees on our heat transfer. Is there a max temp for flag material? Will more heat help? I would appreciate any advice on this.

Andy_warp

Direct to fabric works okay...the backside isn't drastically denser than with paper. A little bit though.

It makes a damn mess! More heat is only going to burn more color off.

We do what bannertime suggests.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
We press our flags at 205 and also much slower than our normal textile. The color will never be the same front/back.